Arc AAA clip? Who uses it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep my in my pocket with the clip, but I haven't used it yet. Now, who uses the clip? I was thinking of taking it off, but not sure if I would need it for some certain situations

nirad

Enlightened
I clip mine to the bill of my hat sometimes. It frees up your hands to do other things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

harel

Newly Enlightened
I clip the light to the top of my pocket so it'll be easily accessible.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I nearly lost it when I clipped it to my pants pocket (bumped into some guy on the subway and it flew out) I also tried reversing the clip so it carries LED down.. no luck. I'll keep it on to see if I need it when I start school

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I found a black clip from an old Brinkman AAA Mag clone that's a little nicer than Arc's. I don't really use it, but it's there at the ready for hat or pocket.

Zigzago

Enlightened
I can see how it would be useful as an emergency headlamp, but aesthetically, I just don't like it. It spoils the sleekness of the light so I took it off.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
IMHO the AAA is too rough to use a clip ... doesn't slide well on tissue and eventually will destroy it.
In addition to that it is FUGLY.
I immediately threw away all those clips, the light is such a gem without them ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
bernhard

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
All right, after some personal testing, the clip is useless for me. I can hold it and still do all my acitvities. I don't need it as an anti roll devic either, the split ring does that. Thanks!

sidespill

Enlightened
I kept mine on it's great for hands free lighting in a pinch. flip it around and slide it to the tail for candle mode. Another trick is to place the clip bezel down turn the light where it's just barely turned off, now you can use the light momentary mode by squeezing the clip. (just like when the light is barely turned off and you tip the bezel and the light makes contact) Well anyways to each is own I like mine.

mridude

Newly Enlightened
I think MacGyver could use it to save the free world. But he has been busy of late with that Stargate...thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.