Energizer 15 min?

Al

Enlightened
Wonder if they've figured out a way to charge stnd. nimh's in 15 min. or if this is similar to IC3?

From Energizer's web-site:

"Energizer has led the way in advances in battery capacity and continues to lead with the introduction of its 2500 mAh NiMH AA batteries. They are the best value for high-tech devices and well-suited for digital and flash cameras, compact disc and MP3 players, and children's toys. Energizer's 2500mAh NiMH AA batteries last up to four times longer than ordinary alkaline batteries in digital cameras. With one set of batteries in the device and another set in the charger, you can enjoy virtually non-stop power.

Energizer's 2500mAh NiMH AA batteries will be packed with a revolutionary new charger, designed with convenience in mind. The Energizer(R) Compact Charger is ideal for digital camera cases, small travel bags and purses. A unique sliding drawer opens for charging and closes for compact storage. The charger will come packed with four 2500mAh NiMH AA batteries and will be available in time for the holidays at a suggested retail price of $19.99.

The new Energizer 15-Minute Charger will bring added convenience, charging any 2 to 4 AA or AAA NiMH batteries at the 15-Minute rapid charge rate. Energizer is the first to offer a 15 minute charge time on such high capacity NiMH batteries (up to 2200mAh). The charger will come packed with four 2200mAh AA Energizer NiMH Rechargeable batteries for added value. You will find them in store over the holidays at a suggested retail price of $29.99."

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
so which is it? will it come with 2500's, or 2200's? will it be $30 or $20?

Al

Enlightened
Dunno ... copied directly from their web-site advertising link.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
then they'd better stop contradicting themselves.

either it's

2500mah + Charger for $19.99

or

2200mah + Charger for $29.99

Either way i think i'll stick with Maha, i know what im buying for what price with them.

Doug Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two chargers one for two cells that plugs directly into the wall (won't work on 12 Volts DC), the other with a big wall wart (runs on 12 Volts) for four cells. The second costs $10 more.

Cell capacity is for them, like everyone else, a moving target.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Doug Owen

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello again,

Doug:
Well put!
I even have the feeling maybe they use the SAME
older cells with lower rating and because they charge them
faster get a little more charge acceptance and so can
rate them a little higher, which they amplify through
the marketing dept.