Vortex KC-1 where to buy?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks very good, the imago rating is best in class. and the price is nice. where do i get one? are they out yet? VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did no e-mail yet. someone posted about liking there's and it just dawned on me that they could be outside the US.
I was looking at stat's on QIII's and LB's and saw this one, and really liked it. VDG

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
voodoogreg said:
I did no e-mail yet. someone posted about liking there's and it just dawned on me that they could be outside the US.
I was looking at stat's on QIII's and LB's and saw this one, and really liked it. VDG

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me.I got it from Aten.I'm in the US,but bought it from him.He said they told him the end of August.

Vbeez

Enlightened
I had one myself months ago, now it's gone. Made in China/HK. Very nice product. A bit slippery to handle, besides that it's a good choice. Around US $50.

coachbigdog

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
NIGHTGUY said:
I wonder what the price will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

$58.95 or 59.95 can't remember exactly,buy that's also suggested retail.

UWAK

Enlightened
Hello Vbeez where you got that "look alike" KC1? Cause I live in JKT too bro!

FRIDS

Vbeez

Enlightened
Hello Uwak, I got it from HK. Anyshop sell this KC1 in JKT or SIN ?

ConvertaLux

Newly Enlightened
The word throught the grapevine is that Imago Metrics ( [email protected] will liaison for Vortex with 'special' markets- I guess that's us ;-). I managed to track down a rep at their Maryland office .The news is that VortexVision.us will have them ready to ship September 20th and they will take pre-orders. I also heard that a 3W 2-CR123 the TC-3 is going to be released in the first part of October and that will be competitively priced like the KC-1. Vortex is offering free shipping for pre-orders received before September 20th.
For myself, I've ordered 4 in prep for the Holidays. They're not custom lights but that's OK too.
I hope that helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
ConvertaLux,

Aren't you a part of Imagometrics? I remember seeing your name, Trevor Doyle, related to AtenImago's posts

ConvertaLux

Newly Enlightened
Really?? How? I only joined recently. Another Trevor Doyle? It's not that uncommon a name- :-( I just found this Vortex thread about 2 days ago anyways.

[ QUOTE ]
illmatic416 said:
ConvertaLux,

Aren't you a part of Imagometrics? I remember seeing your name, Trevor Doyle, related to AtenImago's posts

[/ QUOTE ]

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
[ QUOTE ]
voodoogreg said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That was me.I got it from Aten.I'm in the US,but bought it from him.He said they told him the end of August.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having a little trouble finding aten. is he a memeber or a shop? I would be thankful if you could direct me to him/ it. VDG

coachbigdog

Enlightened
BTW,it's VERY obvious they made the kc-1 with "modders" in mind.It comes apart easily so you can get to the luxeon.It is a star not an emmiter.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
coachbigdog said:
BTW,it's VERY obvious they made the kc-1 with "modders" in mind.It comes apart easily so you can get to the luxeon.It is a star not an emmiter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, ok, another newbie question, what is a star, and what is a emmiter? I know the terlux star mod i put in my minimag would thus be a star? and emmiter? thanks, i am learning so much here, and really boosted an already fun work related hobby.VDG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, BTW everytime i click on the above imago site on anything but the reviews i get "forbiddin" thus no e-mail i can send. what am i doing wrong? VDG

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is Aten back again?

Baltimore? Seriously, Trev...cut it out. You are cracking me up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

My apologies for the OT voodoogreg. Just had to say howdy to gool 'ol Aten.

You know he's a real idea guy.
thk.gif

Amazing that a noob was able track down the A.I. liason to VortexVision right there in his home state.

Inherited Carclos. How does one inherit Carclos?

Anyways Aten, could you explain one more time why those links on the AI site don't work. I love that explanation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

BOT The subject light

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
ya lost me, but,, I would click on "contact" and get a page saying "forbiddin" I don't have permission to access that page. and that is pretty much it.
maybe you could give me a direct addy to Aten. Newbie still trying to learn my way around here. VDG