tektite lpr-113?

coachbigdog

Enlightened
Has anyone used this bulb? I have seen a review of the 2 or 3 cell,but not this one.Wanting to know how it compares to Everled or epinion.

Mark2

Enlightened
I've tried it in several 6V lights and like it very much. It was an improvement to all the lights I tried it in. Somehow the side-emitting Luxeon produces much less artifacts than the incans that are replaced. I just recently tried it in a new Dorcy light I was testing (Xenon Palm Lantern) and the result was a nice white focused beam with little artifacts. I cannot comment on it in a Mag because I don't have a 4-cell Mag but I tried the LPR-3 (4.5V) in my 3D Mag and was very impressed. I re-read the review on Doug's site and concluded that either he had a bad one or they changed the bulb, as mine put out just a little bit less light than the Mag 4.5V Xenon (!) incan. The package of mine is different from the one on Doug's site, so maybe they really changed the bulb.

Mark2

Enlightened
coachbigdog: It's not brighter than the original Xenon bulb, I'd say it puts out a bit less light overall. The beam is very much the same (thrower) but with less artifacts and maybe a bit more sidespill.

nikon: The review I was reffering to is on www.flashlightreviews.com