gone and done it...... first SUREFIRE!!!

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at them today and said, ah what the hail, its only money and bought me an e2e. Very high price, but also very bright and small. Now to just convince everybody why i blew 80 bucks on a flashlight, these non flashlight people just dont know quality. Now a few questions, carrying one everyday and using a little here and a little there, bout hoe long day wise do yall get out of batteries?? Who carries spare batteries? Got any e2e stories???

LAter guys! snapper

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice going, snapper, $80 is a good price for an E2e. It took eight months of browbeating from CPF before I broke down and bought an E2e & G2 in celebration for a new job...which lasted only six hours. But it was worth it and the E2e is almost priceless. Glad I took the SureFire plunge. Is this your first SF too?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahhh, yet another fish wriggling on the hook. You do realise of course, the E2e is just the first step on the long, expensive and absolutely amazing road of Surefire ownership. Somehow, all other brands of flashlights will seem inferior.

I would suggest you get a PRT/Lux3 bezel for your E2e, a 72 pack of SF123 cells and a Surefire M6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snapper

Newly Enlightened
well i am definately getting some batts from sure fire. I figure i will get at least a months use a set. My most use light is an inretech mag with clip and tail switch from sl jr. This is the one for the up close work. The sf is for spotting blinding amazing and to just plain lite stuff up with.

LAter guys!! snapper

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now ya need an Inova X5 to put those old surefire batteries in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I picked up a Z2 awhile back, nothing built like a Surefire.

Blades

chiN

Newly Enlightened
Im still thinking whether to get a E2D or a A2 as my first Surefire, I really want both but I don't need either one. So I'm kinda stuck between which one to choose.

StEaLtH_

Enlightened
I suggest you go for the A2, it's way more practical then the E2D.
E2D is nothing more then a E2e with different head, tail and colour oh and the lens is a bit different.
Unless you want it to collect and look at, or planning on smacking someone with a flashlight (bad idea in the first place unless it's a mag 6d or something).
The A2 is more convenient, you can use the leds for 'normal' indoors and close distances and if you need to 'reach out and touch someone' just press the button harder.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
the E2d has some how a dimmer light than the E2e, i think it has something to do with the lense shape, but i'm extraordinarily happy with both of them.

to those who think e2d is a e2e with a strike head, it also has a clickie tailcap, a 30 buck upgrade other wise. I carry either one as EDC, good stuff, don;t forget to get some mn02 bubls for the e2e for long burning time and make it an E2O.

nick

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey chiN, I agree with StEaLtH. I love my E2e for it's small size but if I could only have one, the A2 is more versitle and not much larger. The only reason I bought the E2e, first, is because I got it for $71. If the extra length and $$ don't bother you, the A2 is a winner.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2D has a clickie out of the box? That's new, even the website said LOTC. (but the website says Many Things too.. never mind).

I was thinking of a 2x123 housing for my KL1 and wouldn't mind the black of an E2D. Once you switch out the bezel it looks less threatening both to screeners and to pants you wear.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2D has a clickie out of the box? That's new, even the website said LOTC. (but the website says Many Things too.. never mind).

I was thinking of a 2x123 housing for my KL1 and wouldn't mind the black of an E2D. Once you switch out the bezel it looks less threatening both to screeners and to pants you wear. The MN02 is a nice incan alternative to the long-running KL1. As for snapper, the KL1 in HA3 should match your finish perfectly.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(if you hear the words "Surefire modular system", run, because they're gonna make you spend a whole lot more money..)

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
the e2d i bought had the clickie tailcap with extended walls......might be a new thing in the recent months or something like that.

as for the whole modular thing......well, you pretty much buy a whole new light with a lot of these parts that are supposed to be just upgrades, such as the turbo heads(holy crap) and KL5.......sigh.....

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
now you need an L4 and some ARCs

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Snapper...

Congratulations! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And most definitely...what JonSidneyB said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
The E2d has always had a Clickie TailCap. It's like a Z61 (Z57) with crenelations.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Am tempted! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Clickie plus 2x123 housing for KL1 in real black HA3.. huhhuhuhuhuh.. must resist! *whips out 100 ohm 3W resistor*

Craig720

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
snapper said:
Who carries spare batteries?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a matter of fact, I do.

I carry the E1e in a Victorinox nylon pouch on my belt and the E2e resides in my jacket pocket with my keys. I carry three SureFire lithium batteries, in a water-resistant plastic bag, in my other jacket pocket. Some may call that overkill.

But then again, I'm never caught without a light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif