Can you Remove Pila Labels???

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a PM6 with a McModule and I remember someone here at the forums saying that you can remove the outer lable on a Pila 168 and it will fit in a PM6. Apparently there is another label underneath the outer label? Does anyone know if this is true? How do you or what is the best way to remove the outer label? ...got any pics? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

Thanks,
MSax

Pila_Power

Enlightened
I wouldn't recommend it, they would have been put on there for a good reason so it might be best to ask the manufacturer directly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[email protected] Direct enquiries to Jennifer.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The label conceals a thin copper strip that runs the length of the cell for the protection circuit on the bottom. I would not remove it. I do have a totally bare 18650 cell (same size as used in the Pila 168a) and it is still too big. Your best bet is to ream out the PM6 which is what I did. Bare cells now have capacities around 2400mAH if you're so inclined with using them. I use a BB750 TWOK with 2000mAH Panasonics and it draws around 800mA which translates to over two hours of regulated light. With a 5W, you can probably get over an hour and a half.

CM