Good deal on lithium AA's?

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good deal on lithium AA\'s?

I was looking for a good price on Energizer lithium AA's. I found this but the picture shows red and black batteries. Is there a second type of AA lithium?

Minimum order is $25 and I don't know shipping, but it's a candidate. Anyone know of a lower price?

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Good deal on lithium AA\'s?

They're the same batteries except older (the styling was changed a few years ago), i.e. they are NOS (new old stock). There may have been small improvements since then. I can't make out the "use-by" date on the package in that picture. $6.12 for 4 works out to $1.53 each. That's pretty good, but not fantastic. I think I'd keep looking for newer product.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast

CPF sponsor Batterystation always has them (for CPF members) for $1.90 each Battery Station for CPF link and shipping starts at $7; no minimum I know of. Email Kevin there, I would be certain they are fresh (10 year Use By date).

Sometimes places like Target and Office Depot have them on sale. Just make sure they are the lithiums - Energizer markets several batteries under the "e2" line including lithium and alkaline.

Lenny7

Newly Enlightened

I just picked up three 4-packs (12 cells total) for $20 at Sam's Club.

kubolaw

Enlightened

Do you mean at Costco B&M? I've tried to look for them (when I can remember) at a few Costco's in the Bay Area, and have never seen them (they only have the big bulk packs of alkalines). Do you need to ask for them or are they hidden in some spot away from the rest of the batteries?

kubolaw

Enlightened

Bump to see if anyone has more info about the availability at Costco. I was at the Sunnyvale, CA Costco yesterday and there was no sign of them (couldn't find a Thor either).

idleprocess

Flashaholic

The "use by" date on that picture looks to be 2009.

lithdate.jpg

No guarantees that the cells they have are that new (or old).

I'll second the remark about that being the old style packaging - every other digicam owner in the world would cringe at the thought of buying another 8-pack of those things several years back.

kubolaw

Enlightened

Plus, the shipping is outrageous there - purchasing 5 packs (to meet the $25 minimum) would cost $17 in additional shipping fees!! No deal.

Arizona_Dan

Newly Enlightened

I was at a Phoenix-area Costco tonight...looking for lithiums specifically, but saw none...so I bought Panasonic charger w/6 AA and 2 AAA NiMH batts...wouldn't do to leave Costco empty-handed.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast

my local costco has them for 6.99 a four pack last time I checked.
portland oregon just offof sandy blvd