**Is the $250 price for the Arc 5 too expensive?**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
All i'll say is for that price it had better come with free cells, charger, and be better than a lionheart. Now that my friends, Is a mighty tall order to live up to.

So unless Arc is holding back some information. *gotta love easter eggs* Then i won't be buying one.

That being said. the LS and the 4+ were awesome lights. and both safely in the sub-$200 range. I own both.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
It comes down to who wants the light. If you go to some random friend of yours and ask, "Would you spend $20 on a flashlight?" you know the responce is going to No, they will likely curse at you for your hobby. Most people think spending more than $10 is insance...if you are going to even have one at all. The Arc4 and soon Arc5 just has a wow factor. Its a extremly smart and high-tech flashlight. For how much I have already spent on Arc products, yea I will likely get an Arc5. You must simply want the light therefore get it... I think spending $250 on a flashlight is quite a bit, but there are more expensive lights out there, and I just want the Arc5... see what I mean? Also, it isnt going to have a charger, its not rechargable. But I suspect it will come with a few cells...the Arc4 does.
Cameron

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
shannow said:
Is a ferrari too expensive? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of them, yes. But that doesnt fit the same context.

If the Arc 5 will outpreform everything else in its class then yah its worth it. like i stated. It will just be the "Enzo" of the Arc line.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **Is the $250 price for the Arc 5 too expensiv

Maybe Peter will do a $99 special for CPF members! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

well, for a $150 special id buy 2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Commander

Enlightened

250$ is a very hige price... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

But I guess... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

it certainly sounds like too much right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But after it's released and people start getting them and I start reading reviews of them and looking at the sexy pictures that will get posted here and the beamshots and the runtime graphs and the quality construction... Well... then it will stop sounding like too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll start putting a $20 in an envelope every couple weeks, and before you know it I'll be able to get one!

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

$250 is quite a bit for a light. BUT, if it performs then I think it is worth it. I has to be above all others in the class for the price. The small EDC size and the fact that it has a 5w emitter cannot be the only things that ARC has to put it into this price point. Throw, amount of light and runtime on high will be important factors in whether or not I buy one. I use to own the Arc4+ and the Arc4X and would love to potentially own the Arc5 if it delivers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There are others out there that Arc will be competing against that also have strong claims. It is going to be an interesting battle.

Thanks

Curtis

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

i can't afford $250, for me that's too expensive, others will spend that much and more. the arc5 is gonna be awesome though, more than double the output of an arc4. i do remember Peter saying that $250 was an estimate, hopefully when it comes out it will be less.

nexro

Enlightened

Consider this, for every single light I buy in USD, I have to multiply that amout by 4, and that's the price I gotta pay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast

nexro, what do you mean? is that from taxes/duties on the light or from the conversion rate from $dollars to malaysian money?

rocketmaninphx

Newly Enlightened

This is interesting in that 300+ folks are heading to get a LionHeart for $230.

As this is an estimate per Peter, we will find out where this lands.

The estimate does not address the features, so to call $250 tooo expensive at this point may be over blown.

Rememeber this would be a product issued by a ongoing concern in the Flashlight Business with a warrenty covered by a company.

This is not to ditz either the Lionheart or the Arc X, but when we find out all of the features and the cost we will be better able to judge the value.

Yep $200+ is a bit, but there are SureFires in this range as is the LionHeart. Heck a BlackBird and the Firefly with a Pila Setup are in the same range. This does not even count the custom stuff...

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Exppensive and worth it are two different things

nexro

Enlightened

The day, it's the conversion rate. Also, taxes is gonna be a problem too. It's 30% tax for flashlights that's worth more than USD 130 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Frangible

Enlightened

$250 is too much for me, especially because I find CR123 lights too fat to comfortably EDC.

DaveH

Enlightened

It is a too high a price for me, but I've kinda fallen off the ARC bandwagon.

Surefire has better performing lights _right_now_ for about half the proposed price.
Inova has, or will have, similar performing light for about 30% or Arc's proposed price.
Arc's only advantage arc has on these guys is it's smaller.

HDS will have a similar product for about that price.

Obviously it's a personal descision. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.