Type III-HA Inova X5T From County Comm

Tentou

Newly Enlightened
I just placed an order over at County Comm for an Inova X5T-HA with the type III milspec anodizing. I really need a good, tough EDC light for my job and I think the X%'s smaller size would be ace. I also got 20 of those little yellow LED lights to give away as gifts to people. I have something similar to one and I keep it clipped to my cell phone's lanyard top just for decoration. A lot of people have asked about it and I think it would make a nice little gift, since most of my friends are Asian and they gotta do everything together. I couldn't give one out without giving out a dozen...so it seems like a good deal. Is the LED actually any good, though? Is the light waterproof? I read on the wonderful LED Museum page that the other two they offer aren't really dunkproof.

I figure that I will order an X03 for Christmas and then maybe that'll be enough to sate my need for precision-machined aluminum LED lights?

Probably not...

So, has anyone else ordered stuff from County Comm? I think that site has lots of great stuff, especially when I came across that HA-III. It IS real type III, right?

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
Yup, it sure is. It's one very tough coating. I have one of those and I've dropped that thing on tile and not chipped the coating. Very impressed with that stuff.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
The X5t is a good choice, esp in the Type III HA. You will not be able to get this version anywhere else except from CComm. They have great stuff all time for sale, you should also check out their CPF specials page once in a while. While not totally waterproof, the X5t will be able to withstand use in the rain, splashes of water, drop in a puddle, etc, but the waterproofness is compromised when the light is activated by pressing the tailcap switch. So to be safe, if you have to use it in wet conditions, use the twist on/off tailcap instead of pressing the momentary switch.

As for the $1 keychain lights, hmm... they cost $1 each, would you expect them to be waterproof? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But they still make great, cheap handout gifts anyway so what the heck!

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:
As for the $1 keychain lights, hmm... they cost $1 each, would you expect them to be waterproof? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But they still make great, cheap handout gifts anyway so what the heck!

[/ QUOTE ]

The white ones are awesome, quite bright and white. I've been giving them away, and people are happy with them. I especially like telling them about the Subaru Test. . . the lights might not be waterproof, but they seem quite tough.

Oh, I finally broke down and got an X5T in white (to add to my red and UV models). Again, I'm impressed, and happy to have a light that, according to CPF'ers, will really get the most out of the 123 batts. The HA-III from County Comm is the one I chose, and it's a handsome torch. It looks like a dark gray with just a touch of dark green (or maybe not, it's that subtle).

stockae92

Enlightened
i like mine, its really cool looking (much better than the regular X5T IMO), and plenty bright for close range, the small size is a plus.

the tint is on the purple-side, but doesn't bug me unless i compare it with a white LED side by side

greenLED

Flashaholic
A very elegant light and it sucks batteries dry. I was surprised, though, it seems as bright as my Ultra-G. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
greenLED,

If your X5T has similar brightness to your Ultra-G, your X5T is defective. You might want to return it for a replacement. Your X5T should be quite a bit brighter than your Ultra-G. I have a few of each.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Type III-HA Inova X5T from Country Comm a few weeks ago. IMO it's a great choice. The pics on the web page don't do it justice at all! The ano on mine looks EXACTLY like the greenish HA-III NATURAL finish on the ARCs. I really like the look of this light and I'm glad I got one.

I know that everyone says that they are only available at Country Comm, but This Page at BROADARROW also has them. They can't come anywhere near Country Comm's great price, however.

While on the subject of quirky MIL versions of consumer lights, if you scroll down far enough on that page you'll see that they are selling the SONIC-G, which I had never heard of or seen for sale before. A little pricy for a Sonic, but I had to have one. Like the ULTRA-G, it too says "US Government". If you click on the pic you get the enlarged view.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
The CC HA version is great, very cool without markings. However, I've found in my limited experience of 6-8 X5Ts that the HA version is not as bright as the titanium. Some have suggested that the fact that the shroud around the leds are HA, instead of shiny metallic, means less light is reflected and the beam looks less bright. At any rate, I agree that the titanium is brighter.

daloosh

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
My X5T-HA from CountyComm came just last week. It's a GREAT LIGHT! And WHAT A PRICE! The X5T I picked up from a retail store last year as an Xmas present for a friend cost more than the price+shipping from CountyComm. And the finish is awesome.

The thing that really gets me about it is the light is USABLE. Nice broad uniform beam and long runtime are a nice change from the brilliant tactical lights I'm used to using. You can change a tire, search, fix something etc. You can light up an entire room with the thing. Really a versatile light!

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
they are pretty waterproof - mine didnt leak when it spent 15 mins at the bottom of my pool- its a little over 2 metres deep
of course the o ring was in good condition and well lubed with silicone grease

batterystation

Enlightened
We sent some of these to the Hellfire Squadron in Iraq early this year that I got from CC. They were very well received. I appreciate what Nick did to help on that deal too! It is a great bullet proof light. Very rugged and great battery life.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to mention that the sheath CC is offering for the X5Ts is the best $5 sheath I've ever seen anywhere. It would be a very good sheath at any price.

Deanster

Enlightened
Much as I love my Arcs, SF, etc, if I had to choose just one light, it would probably be my HA X5t... I like spot beams better, but the flood is super-useful for most things. The light just feels like a solid rod of Aluminum - like you couldn't do anything to hurt it. I've also had mine in the hot tub for a half-hour of testing, including both push-button and twist switch operation, with no ill effects.

Combine all that with really really excellent battery life, and it's a huge winner, even though I like other lights better, when it comes to making a hard choice, X5 gets the call.

Only place it's not so good is outdoors in urban settings, where it's not quite powerful enough to punch into shadows thrown by mercury-vapor streetlamps. Even my L4 only does OK in these circumstances, though - 123-poered flood beam handlamps have a tough time competing with 200W HPMV street lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

tracker870

Enlightened
Ordered the Inova X5T-HA from County Comm plus that $5 pouch. No confirmation from CComm. For those who have ordered, did you get an email confirm?
(I figured I can always get the titanium finish model later)
I seem to be getting sidetracked from the early stages of my Surefire collection.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

hchun73

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tracker870 said:
Ordered the Inova X5T-HA from County Comm plus that $5 pouch. No confirmation from CComm. For those who have ordered, did you get an email confirm?
(I figured I can always get the titanium finish model later)
I seem to be getting sidetracked from the early stages of my Surefire collection.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered one this afternoon and didn't get any form of order confirmation either. Just money transfer record saved under my PayPal account.
Looking at CC's simple Website, I guess that's about it.