ARC LS, are they still being made?? soon??...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
Peter, When is the next LS run coming out, there is a price point you're missing out on ( I know within the last 8 months in it's place I've purchased a longbow Micra, Inova and Peak LED model(s) both below that range) I think I echo the requests of many, that we all would like a chance to buy these again...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. Arc LSH is very nice, and gives us a awesome yet moderate priced light. If it ever gets cancelled, I predict Longbow sales will increase from the crowd willing to buy the LSH-S, but not willing to spend the $50-$80 extra for an LSH-P or Arc 4+.

Heck, I've gotten myself Longbows and they are very nice for the price. Better exterior fit and finish than Arcs IMO, but the electronics, tint, and regulator circuit are below Arc standards IMO.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
The Longbow circuit is definitely no match, there is always this irritating problem of the Micra not lighting up after you turn it off and turn it on imediately when battery is low. But tint is rather good actually though there are occasional lousy ones, the optics and LED are usually scratched... The area when Longbow beats ARC are exterior fit and finish, and the packaging...

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
IVe got an LSH-P and an Arc4+, wouldn't mind being able to find an LSL-P or a first run from somewhere. You seem LS's on the B/S/T forum here from time to time. It's where ive bought both mine.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
SJACKAL said:
The Longbow circuit is definitely no match, there is always this irritating problem of the Micra not lighting up after you turn it off and turn it on imediately when battery is low. But tint is rather good actually though there are occasional lousy ones, the optics and LED are usually scratched... The area when Longbow beats ARC are exterior fit and finish, and the packaging...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much what I said as well.

My Longbow that just fell out of regulation does turn on with the low battery, but it only stayed in regulation about 20 minutes. Since this particular Longbow Micra is MUCH BRIGHTER than my other Longbow Micras, I think the regulator circuit is not adjusted correctly (its too bright to maintain regulation for the stated time). In contrast, my everyday carry LSH-S has (by my count) well over 2 hours of intermitent use, and the circuit is going strong (still regulated). I am amazed at the runtime my LSH is giving me.

I agree that LB has better exterior fit and finish and packaging. And I agree that Arc has better circuits and electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.