Li-Ion R123 cells now avail.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see there are higher voltage 14500 Li Ion batteries that fit AA lights for sale for a nice price. Are there any chargers at the site that will work with those types of batteries?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link. Im still waiting on my protected cells to arrive. I have 3 of the unprotected R123's and charger. I would really like to get a charger that will fi the 14500's so i can try them in some of my lights.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Hallis said:
I have 3 of the unprotected R123's and charger. I would really like to get a charger that will fi the 14500's so i can try them in some of my lights.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's really nothing wrong with using the 123 charger to charge up the AA Li-ions..-I've been using a set of allegator clip jumpers -and it works just fine. It just takes a little longer because of the 850mAh cell capacity instead of the lesser 650mAh of the R123.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Heh heh...and guys should hope that at least it isn't kept in their Front pockets when it does go off...or they would then be girls - or eunuchs at best. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

cy

Flashaholic
This calls for a dead short test to see if it goes boom.

Didn't dougS do some extensive testing awhile back for Li14430?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok its time for sombody to break out the containment box and out the screws to a 14500

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
This calls for a dead short test to see if it goes boom.

Didn't dougS do some extensive testing awhile back for Li14430?

[/ QUOTE ]
I did do some extensive safety testing of the 14430 Li-ion cells that were used with the Li14430 lights. Those who wish to extrapolate from my test results to cells other than those tested should do so with caution. Specifically, in either a short circuit or a heavy load/high temperature scenario, the outcome will be influenced by the presence and charactistics of the cell PTC device and also the suceptibility of the particular cell seal design to damage from the heat generated by the PTC device under fault conditions.