Gum stick NiMH batteries

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
I think my SlimX 350's batteries are dead. As they are user-replaceable (heh), where can i get replacements? iRiver's site wants to charge an arm and a leg for a simple pair of batteries.

Cheaper batteries would be good, and batteries with more capacity would be gooder. Batterystation has them i think, but they're still pretty expensive. Are there any distributors i'm missing, or are they really that expensive? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are really that expensive. The $20 per pair that iRiver wants is the cheapest I've ever seen them from a reputable seller. I have several CD players and several MiniDisc players that use the NiMH gumstick batteries, and I've found that a lot of places want $20 or more each for replacement Sony batteries. My advice would be to get them from iRiver, I doubt you'll find them cheaper anywhere else from a reputable seller/store.

-Keith

0tr3b

Newly Enlightened
Most old cellphones use prismatic NiMHs. Even a new replacement might be cheaper to hack than buying individual cells.