Flashlight Can Take Different Size Batteries

capnal

Enlightened
wait a minute.
isn't this now the THIRD thread about this?
The second one was closed by Empath earlier? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
If you check Google News, you'll find that there are scores of newspapers that carried the same news. Energizer obviously has very good connections to the new media. Not surprising to me that it caught lots of CPF eyeballs and was multiple-posted.

Empath

Flashaholic
Energizer's news release of a "new concept" in flashlights probably appeared as a great technological advance to the news media.

I saw one of the flashlights at Walmart. I could only see it through it's packaging, and read the package. It didn't impress me enough to buy it for $10. It didn't look much higher in quality than a plain plastic flashlight, although it's contoured shape was a bit different. The lamp looked to be a typical cheap flashlight bulb. The on/off slide switch is marked off for the different size batteries, which seemed totally unnecessary and appeared to be nothing more than marketing hype built into it's appearance. The batteries are accommodated by a slide in carrier that operates much like chambers of a multi-size cell battery charger.