MP3 software help

toyopet

Newly Enlightened
Hello all - My friend and I need help with choosing a software that will allow us to burn our vinyl collections to CD. What is a good and inexpensive software to convert my music to mp3 or other formats to burn to CD? I would like to hear your opinions on ease of use and value. Thanks.

Jason

gessner17

Enlightened
The only all in one digitize to burn suite I know of is Roxio, you can also look at Easy CDDA for the digitize and encoding and then just use a regular cd writing program. Personally, Another simple program that will digitize and encode is Total Recorder. I peronsally wouldn't use an all automated one, but Digitize the tracks separately and burn them yourself, either way it will be time consuming.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
coundt ya just run the rca out put jacks to the sound csards input jack and record as a wav.then convert wav to mp3.with dbpoweramp?vinyl is kinda before my time though

Saaby

Flashaholic
For the cheap approach, record to WAV using Windows Sound Recorder, than burn (From WAV) to CD in iTunes than convert the collection to MP3 or AAC for computer use.

BobVA

Enlightened
Musicmatch Jukebox will do it. For what you want to do the free version will work fine.
Just select "Line In" on the recorder settings panel, connect your computer to your stereo and off you go. I'd recommend you use either 128 or 256 kbps encoding rate.
If your records are a little banged up, you might want to use something like CoolEdit Pro or any of a number of other products to clean up (e.g. remove clicks and pops) the audio before you make an MP3 (or audio CD).

You can set up the recorder to automatically break up the tracks into separate MP3's, by sensing the gap between the songs.

Cheers,
Bob

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BobVA said:
Musicmatch Jukebox will do it. For what you want to do the free version will work fine.
Just select "Line In" on the recorder settings panel, connect your computer to your stereo and off you go.
Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

The "line in" and "mic" inputs are available in the plus version only I believe. Not free. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

lightnix

Enlightened
Cakewalk Pyro 2004 is excellent value for money and allows you to record vinyl. It has some basic cleanup routines, which can be used to remove some of the scratches and noise, along with facilities to cut up mp3 tracks into separate files. Once ripped, you lay the mp3 tracks out on a timeline prior to burning and can overlap them to create cuts and cross fades.