How I Fixed My Arc4 Rev 2.0 Switch for 30¢

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
These pictures should be self explanatory...

I got rid of the ring, foam washer and spring and replaced them with a grommet. NOTE: I do have a nice solder "blob" on the gold disc as well. I did this long before this mod.

Switch is perfect, does not miss a beat even if you press it way off center. I was getting tired of the aluminum "cone" piece getting cocked nearly sideways! GRRR

orig.jpg

grom.jpg

grom2.jpg

grom4.jpg

done.jpg

Cheers!

Eric_M

Enlightened
Looks too simple sharkeeper.

Nice job.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

ledy

Newly Enlightened
So this is a good mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sharkeeper

Enlightened
It is definitely a grommet. The gasket is still on the bong! :p

It works great! Funny how something incredibly simple works the best. I found a bottle of these (grommets) and the little lightbulb appeared above my head (pun not intended!) and I figured what the heck? I tried it and could not believe it!

These are wire grommets used to prevent chaffing of wires where they pass through holes in metal panels, for example.

Cheers!

jtice

Flashaholic
ahhhh, lol
no, thats a grommet,,,
and what , if anything shark is smoking, i hope he keeps it up, gotta keep those creative juices flowing

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a grommet for sure, well we call them grommet downunder. How long have you been with this mod? How frequently do you use your light?

sharkeeper

Enlightened
I've been using it for two days and it has been better than it ever was before.

I use the light constantly. (thank goodness for Li Ion 123's!) Most of the time the light is used intermittently so the reliability of the switch is very important.

Like a computer keyboard that is constantly typed on, NOTHING is more irritating than a bad switch (flakey key) that gets tiresome really quick. For a while I was actually wishing it had a Kroll on it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm almost afraid to turn it in for a new switch now!

Cheers!

W4DIZ

Enlightened
After ready your post yesterday,I did the mod and it does work great.This will hold me until the rev3 mod is ready.Thank you for the great idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Glenn

Enlightened
sharkeeper,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif FOR THE BRILLIANT IDEA ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

I made a trip to a hardware store and made my 20¢ FIX !

Mine is a ver 1 and I was having no problems other than what you said about the "off center" pushing.
This seems much better....and so simple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Glenn

E

EchoSierraTwo

Cool Beans SharKeeper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif This is to anyone who can answer, any ETA on when rev.3 will be ready for PRIME TIME?

sharkeeper

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Wait until you see the rev3 switch. Your mod looks a lot like the new tail treatment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry that this will never come to light. (pun not intended!)

Any drawings?

BTW, this modification still works like a champ.

Cheers!

mrdee3

Newly Enlightened
I fixed my switch by trimming the ears on the baskit and rebending them then i streched the spring it works grate been using it for a half a year now no problems, and gives the switch more traval just my 2 cents /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.