Streamlight Polystinger w/5W Luxeon

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm intrested in modding my Polystinger with a LuxV or even perhap a Lux III. I need help with calculating runtime (to see if it's worth it) and then collecting the parts.

I'm learning a lot in CPF but I still dont have the knowledge. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
As moraino said, a plastic bodied light will not allow the heat from a Luxeon V to be dissipated as needed. You would need to severly underdrive the LED in order to keep it within thermal spec.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I use a PolyStinger as well as led lights. Do you just want longer runtime. If so you could look around for a higher capacity sub C battery pack. Stock pack is rated at 1800mAh's. There have been some battery packs available on CPF that run 3000-3300 or so mAh's. PolyStingers with the nice orange peel reflectors put out a great, bright beam, approaching 100 lumens or more.

Bill

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw the sub-C niMH batteries 3500mAh. If I cant find them, I guess I could build them. But if I had the 3000+ mAh batteries and a Lux III? That could be interesting.