EverLED Modification Options???

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone ever tried to modify a EverLED with a Lux III? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Just a long shot, but I thought it would be a neat idea if it was possible to do....

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The circuit likely won't be able to provide enough current to drive it at spec (700-1000mA), and even if it could a PR base is a lousy heatsink.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
idleprocess said:
The circuit likely won't be able to provide enough current to drive it at spec (700-1000mA), and even if it could a PR base is a lousy heatsink.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think the much better beam quality with a high dome would outweigh the fact that it may not be driven at spec.

TheBeam

Enlightened
I spray painted mine black and use it for a black light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
You may be able to cut off the inverted cone of the SE and make it into a LD. Use a nail clipper to trim off the cone, don't just use a blade to cut it off. Be very careful that the top of the dome is pretty thin. After the cone is gone, you can use fine sand paper, followed by some soft cloth to polish the dome. This is a risky operation. Proceed at your own risk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Replacing the SE with a HD is one thing - that's basicly a one-to-one replacement. You're not going to be able to drive a LIII well enough to justify the added cost and might end up with a bit more green tint than you bargained for...