Lionheart Pocket Clip ..........?

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey All,

I've got a Lionheart on order and I am hoping for a little more info about a pocket clip for it. For me it is essential to be able to get to my light easily and quickly and will most likely determine wether the lionheart becomes a longtime edc or a neato light I sell after a few months.

I am wondering:

When (if) it will be available?
How will it be affixed to the light without pretapped holes for fasteners?
Who might be making it?
Bezel up/down?
Material?

Also I don't want anyone who might be thinking of making a clip for the lionheart to think that there is no interest. I am very interested.....

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Maybe. There will be no conclusive answer until the first article is made and shipped to MR Bulk for testing - and that's a week plus off.

Reno

Enlightened
I'm thinkin, pocket clip plus finned knurling = thrashed pockets (forget about a belt!)

I'm gonna carry it the same way I pocketed my PR-T, right next to the wallet. Or, if a pouch becomes available...

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a clip to EDC a light because I'm an electrician and often find myself on a ladder , twisting and bending to access a work area and need to be able to get to the light without digging in my pockets and loosing my balance.

I also frequently clip my Arc 4 to a ball cap and use it that way (I have a yukon xl luxeon headlamp but it's usually in my toolbag not clipped in my pocket ). I use my flashlight a sh*tload, enough to justify spending alot on one (course they are such cool gadgets that I would anyhow ).

Reno, you made a good point, a well designed clip certainly should take the fins into consideration and perhaps a fusion of the clip and pouch ideas is the best approach.

A very small/form fitting clippable pouch with a strap or other device that would allow one to adjust the tension required to remove the light from the pouch might be a great compromise. With a tightened tensioner the pouch would almost just be part of the light and the light would have all the benefits of a clip and help prevent too much pocket/belt shredding as well as providing protection for the lights finnish. A loosened tensioner would provide all the benefits of a clipable pouch and nearly eliminate wear and tear from clipping/unclipping to the pocket/belt. Plus the pouch could be clipped to the inside of the pocket so that those of us who feel a little geeky walking around with pouches on our belts needn't worry (belt pouches also interfere with wearing a toolbelt). Further, a tensioner type clip/pouch could use the Mr. Bulk 'fins' to help grip the light in the clip/pouch thus adding enhanced utility to the pleasing asthetics of the fins. The only downside I can think of is the possible interference with heat dissapation (this could make it a dumb idea I guess). Hell, it'd even be simple to add one of those strong rare earth magnets and other uses come into play (stick the pouch and light to the hood of your car while checking the oil).

I know this sounds like it's trying to be a jack of all trades but I think that there is some potential here, what do yoos guys think?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in a couple clips if they are made available for the LH.

Thanks.

Curtis

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
IF the upcoming VIP clip fits the LH (C'mon Idle, we're all waitin'!) it will be bezel up only since the head is what unscrews from the batery tube and there is no separate endcap.

But as an aside to all the comments about knurled fins possibly "shredding the pockets" which I have had no reports of anyway, the LionHeart will use a much finer knurl, much less coarse than the knurling wheels used on the VIP.

Likebright

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gifThis sounds interesting.
A clip of course is a must for EDC for me. Bezel up is cool and makes for cap clipping etc. Hmmmm
Charlie, is the diameter above the threads where the clip goes around the same as the VIP on the LH?
Cuz I think I can work with a length discrepency.
Mike

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've noticed that there's often some material embedded in the knurling of my VIP after I've been using it for a while. Upon close inspection, I've determined that this material is in fact skin that the knurling has machined off...

I guess my hands are a bit dry.

The vendor is working the clip into their production schedule.

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I straight tore a hole in my shirt trying to clean between the raised knurled part on my VIP. It did clean it but I have a decent hole on the first swipe!

Also noticed teh Knurling on my VIP is more agressive than the AA tube and the VIP's powerplant (AA tube and power plant match perfectly). The light has yet to slip from a hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The knurling on the VIP is aggressive enough to use the body as a crude emergency cutting tool - I'm thinking you could at least cut rope with it...

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Come to think of it, what's the length of the VIP pocketclip's actual "clip" part? The LionHeart is shorter than you all think, especially the battery tube...