Gauging Interest: VIP/LH + accessory case

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've sketched up a concept for a case liner for the VIP and the most common accessories. It's sized to fit in a Pelican 1040 case.

Here's the best one:
CASE_LINER-4.png

Other sketches (showing various configuarions of the VIP & accessories in storage): 1 2 3

This design can accomodate the stock VIP, BulkHead, AA body, and twisty (shown on the AA body above). Other configurations show combinations of the BulkHead and twisty on the VIP.

This liner should be capable of storing the LH and the optional 168 body.

If I were to get this made, I'd pick a moderately dense foam (like in Battery Station's 123 spare carrier) that can deal with the abuse of regular insertion and removal.

I've toyed with configurations that have room for AAs/123s, but that cuts down on the margin between the two main pockets.

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in these. I can source blue/clear 1040 cases for well below retail, so the cost of a turnkey case should be very attractive.

Feedback is appreciated.

Likebright

Enlightened
Mine would need to carry ALL of the accessories made for the VIP
• VIP with BH + clip
• regular head
• twisty
• tactical switch
• AA body
• BBH
Mike

idleprocess

Flashaholic
The BBH is would be a challenge because it's so much larger than all the other components. I don't have a BBH for easy measurements, and I'm not sure that even a 1050 would accomodate it.

The pocket clip will fit in easy enough attached to the VIP or in the AA body compartment.

83Venture

Enlightened
Probably interested in 1 VIP, 1 LH case. Hey Likebright you forgot the candle mode head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Vifam

Enlightened
Depend on price, I maybe interested in 3, 1 for VIP and 2 for LH. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Are you planning with clear cover or solid colored cover?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
If you want turnkey, I'll offer it in a blue/clear 1040 - that's the only variety of 1040 I can get for well under retail.

I haven't gotten this quoted, so I can't give a cost figure that means anything.

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened
I'd be interested. But, one suggestion. Perhaps a channel perpendicular to the light/extra body, to allow one to get their fingers in there for extracting the device/accessory.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I would be interested in set-up but would need two cases to fit all accessories, except BBH.

Bill

Latest posts