*****CRAIG GETTING EVICTED????*****

LED-FX

Enlightened
This week really dosen`t get better.....

Craig, Ledmuseum, for newbies who might not recognise name off hand, has a scrolling banner on his homepage:

www.ledmuseum.org

telling us that he may be evicted on 10/10/04.

Dinnae think anyone here is going to let Craig end up homeless.

Paypal and blooming everything else on standby.

Adam

raggie33

*the raggedier*
damnit i hope this is mistake.what the world is going on this week?im speechless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, just when you think it cannot possibly get any worse......... is this CPF's version of the perfect storm?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Yes, it's true. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
I might be getting evicted on 10-10-04, because I missed an annual review that HUD requires, so they're raising my rent retroactive to 09-01-04 to about $827 a month - I only receive just over $500 a month on disability. So I'll receive a bill for October rent of $1,562.00, which of course, I cannot pay.
The letter they sent reads that they will not renew my lease even if I do submit all the correct paperwork. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The scrolling banner on my website now reads:

VERY, VERY IMPORTANT!!! I MAY BE EVICTED FROM MY HOME ON 10-10-04, BUT I WILL TRY TO KEEP THIS WEBSITE AVAILABLE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE AFTER THAT!!! TO SAVE THE ENTIRE WEBSITE FOR OFFLINE VIEWING, RUN WEBREAPER ON IT

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are some words to describe them that I won't use here, because I feel that if you make amends and have extenuating circumstances (you do) they should at least give you a break if you fill it all in and send it to them.

Every day, what precious little that remains of my faith in humanity gets whittled away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

But let's not get into that. I can save your website, and if you have a local copy I can help you host that. More importantly, other than the website, what can we do for YOU? Do you have somewhere to go? Is there any way we can help you? The site is not important if you don't have a place to stay.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
I am so sorry to hear this. That just plain sucks that they would do that to you. This is one of those times that I wish I was rich and could just buy you a place of your own. It hurts that I cant do anything for you but I am behind on all my own bills right now. You are in my prayers and I thank you for the great reviews and for making CPF a better place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

LED-FX

Enlightened
Will they extend your lease if the combined efforts of CPF can help raise some of the cash?

Is there anyone on CPF who has a good working knowledge of Washington State housing and tenancy law?

Like a few people here not in the best financial health, but hell can smoke less and put it into the Ledmuseum Fund.

Am also going to look about and see what might have of interest to fellow CPFers that can be auctioned for the cause.

Remember when you had that thunderclap headache Craig?
We didn`t let you down then and sure as heck ain`t going to see you fall over some crummy housing dispute.

Adam

B@rt

Flashaholic
This just isn't right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

LED-FX

Enlightened
Quick note guys and gals, we are all shocked, some of us are having a very grim time in our offline lives as well, its been a hell of a week.

BUT

WE all have to pull together , take the expressions of shock and suprise as read, and offer Practical Suggestions for ways that we can help.

Thanks
Adam

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i hope i just wake up and find this is a nightmare.this is so farking messed up them people doing this to you have no heart. this dont even seem legal. is there a way to find cheaper ent?some places around here are less then 200 a month used to have places for like 150 but i didnt check in a while. but i will look at papper tomorow if ya ask me to.i dont have any of the rental pappers today

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
the motivation here is money on the part of the landlord. They found circumstances that allow them to do this legally, evidently, through all that paperwork and so they are throwing him out. Even if we raised the extra cash Craig says they won't renu his lease anyway. And even if we did pay it they are still raising his rent by that much every month! Once before I recall potential problems of paypalling money to Craig as his status on disability might be jeopardized if they think he's got a major new money stream. They won't understand that it's a donation to get him over a bad time, but have to consider it a job or something and would cut him off entirely. Craig, is this still a problem? Or can we paypall you money to help?

To craig I would say first you contact HUD, there may be something else you can do paperwork wise. And if there isn't they may be required to offer you some legal advise. In any case get yourself on the phone and see what is available to you. They certainly aren't required to contact you and give you your options.

Worse case I think we may be offering our donations to help him pay for movers.

Good luck Craig, let us know what happens. We're here poised to help...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
does anyone know where craig lives im going to ask some peopl;e i know