What store to find lights at?

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
What stores do all you guys go to find your lights? I buy most of my stuff on line but it would be nice to go to a store that had a good selection of lights. I was at Fry's but although they had a big selection it still wasn't enough. I live in So Cal.

mapson

Enlightened
I was thinking how cool it would be to have a store to actually carry all these hot lights. Sadly, one would not last long if they specialized in torches. Customers would probably come to see and check lights out but buy online due to savings.

Maybe if I had a couple million, I'd open one up just to see if its profitable.

RickDennis

Newly Enlightened
If you live in So Cal, the best place for SureFire lights is Turner's Outdoorsman. They have a nice selection with fair prices too. You'll find locations throughout So Cal. Just to to their website at www.turners.com to learn more. Good luck!

ConfederateScott

Enlightened
Here in SW Mississippi the best selection I have found is at Wal-Mart. Lowes Home Improvement also has a good selection. Nowhere local has high-end lights though. They have to be ordered and usually I do that online.

Larry1582

Enlightened
Most police/fire uniform/supply shops have some selection of lights. Bass ProShops and other outdoor oriented sport shops have some lights.

ebyron

Newly Enlightened
in nyc there is a place on 54th between 8th and 9th ave that sells tons of lights

the owner is bone-a-fide flashaholic

it is called SELF DEFENSES

Alan runs the place
mention me ... i am in there a bunch
eliot

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the better local gun sohps around here have SF, SteamLight, Pelican etc.
But my advise is simple. I have bought more than $1000 worth of lights from www.BrightGuy.com. He is on line and so far to me has done me right. No BS, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifJust a package with what I ordered cheaper than elseware in 2 days delivered. NO Games! Just product. Very nice people Greg & Tina are too. Productwizard.com is good too.

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
W W Grainger carries Streamlight at high prices and some Batteries Plus also has some Streamlight.
Cop and Gun shops sell the better lights but are limited in the number of models.
Lots of our members live in So Cal. Try to get together with some and compare notes.

SpecialAgent

Newly Enlightened
In SoCal the only Place the pro's go is Turners Outdoorsman.Stores all over the Place,My Brother is a Store MGR of one of them,great selection and many sales going on.
Otherwise, I'd say EBAY where I've seen crazy deals and even bought a shock bezel for my Z3 for fifteen bucks....yup, that one five dollars USD guys..gotta love a deal! Since my best friend is a Div MGR at SureFire,I have yet to actually ever buy one but have thought about it!!!!hahaha. Hello to the many guys and friends over at SF and SureFire Institute....some of the finest guys and company a man can be lucky enough to know,hat tip to Cameron,Brook and Barry and the SEALS/Shooters over at Combative Concepts.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gander Mountain has SureFires, but, at least in the one in my area, they are not with the other lights (which are in Camping). The SF's are in with Optics and Knives.

Galyans has Streamlight, PrincetonTec, and a few others.

Eastern Mountain Sports has some PT, Photons, and a few others.