VIP-Alternate Switch

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I was sitting here playing with my VIP and my new Twisty Tail piece and found an alternate way to turn the VIP on and off. Screw the twisty all the way in (ON) and use your thumb to push the power selector sideways to turn the head of the VIP to turn the light off or on.

vip1.jpg

For me it makes a easy way to turn the VIP off and on one-handed when using the tisty tail piece.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Good point!

Using your thumb and forefinger on the area on either side of the selector will work also. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Roy, might want to swap out the o-ring there for a skinnier/smaller one, and lube (just the o-ring itself) well. Although the switchshaft is nylon-tough, it may become damaged eventually. Also get a .035" hex and tighten the setscrew opposite the switch for a little more security...then again if you turn the switch module between thumb and forefinger as it appears in the pic (as opposed to simply levering it back and forth with the thumb) these concerns are ameliorated significantly...it's a tough switch.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I prefer to use it in "LOTC mode" as described in another thread. Rotate twisty until just before ignition and it will function with thumb pressure (or palm pressure in "syringe" grip.) It is very convenient and reliable; pressure is adjustable and you can quickly transition to twist-on with one hand.

Brightnorm