Has anyone purchased Photons from VICOMPTEL INC ???

Jeffrey586

Newly Enlightened
Have any CPF members bought from these guys. I saw their post in the buy/sell/trade forum and visited their site. Their prices are great, and they offer special shipping rates for CPF members...........BUT........I was hoping someone here had already bought from them and could tell me any good or bad about them....
Thanks
Jeffrey

yclo

Flashaholic*
I bought from them once, they were great in replying my emails asking them this and that.

Plus I got the lights no problems.

YC

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Discount for CPF on shipping? Is that on the web page or does one add a remark when ordering? They do have low prices but as I've seen on ebay, sometimes the shipping eats up all the savings from the low cost.

yclo

Flashaholic*
When I bought 2 photons from them before their new lower prices, they already had very cheap shipping rates.

They charged me $3.50 for two lights, they came in seperate envolopes so that'd be $1.75 per light to Australia.

YC

arab

Enlightened
I purchased 2 Rav'n Photons from them in the past - 2 separate transactions and their service was excellent. Their shipping costs are amongst the lowest I've ever seen to Ireland and their Photon prices are - as far as I've seen - unbeatable.

The prices attracted me to them, but their service was also excellent. I would throughly recommend them. If you do a search using their name in the LED and dealers section, you'll see others had good service from them as well.

Now if only Photon would update the P3 to use Fusion logic, I'd be straight in there with an order for a white one ...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Before you folks go anywhere to purchase Photon III's, please talk to me 1st. I have several brand new ones available for a reasonable price. I think I still have an add or two in the Buy and Sell forum.

JohnG

Enlightened
FYI.......
I ordered 3 Photons from Vicomptel on the 7th. Sent 3 emails since then. Received one response on the 12th which said the order was shipped on the 8th.
So far,.........no package.
confused.gif

V

vlights

JohnG contacted me regarding his order and I have responded to him saying that I too was puzzled about where his lights are. I shipped his lights through the United States Postal Service and sometimes things just take longer or for some reason a postman loses the lights. I've contacted the post office and filed a lost-mail report and I hope they can find it in some box in the back of a truck somewhere and get it to my customer. Events like this rarely happen and I hope that this will not tarnish our good record. THnx

JohnG

Enlightened
It's been three weeks since I placed my order and paid with PayPal. I have received nothing.

Edited: 4:50 EDT.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah the perils of the US Postal service these days. I would imagine if Vicomptel said they shipped it, I myself would give them the benefit of the doubt. I've had two bad experiences with the US Postal Services and priority mail the past six months. One on the sending end and one on the receiving end. The sending one took nearly two weeks to cover two states and the receiving one took just under a month for an order to arrive of which by that time I had received replacements. For now on if it's anything important, it's UPS for me with a real tracking number so at least I know where there mess ups occur.

leddite

Enlightened
Well, with UPS you are guaranteed that they can and will open your package without a warrant to inspect it at their whim (as is my understanding) and WILL call the police if it's something they find odd or suspicious and the police will be allowed to pose as UPS carriers to nab you for receipt.

Gosh, perhaps those UV Photons have a military or terrorist use. Heh heh.

UPS was apparently implicated in a lot of stolen guns as well. "someone in the chain" would open a box with a gun or gun parts in it, take the parts, reseal the box, and continue on with the shipment but not, iirc, with FedEx. Hmmmm.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by geepondy
:
Ah the perils of the US Postal service these days. I would imagine if Vicomptel said they shipped it, I myself would give them the benefit of the doubt. I've had two bad experiences with the US Postal Services and priority mail the past six months. One on the sending end and one on the receiving end. The sending one took nearly two weeks to cover two states and the receiving one took just under a month for an order to arrive of which by that time I had received replacements. For now on if it's anything important, it's UPS for me with a real tracking number so at least I know where there mess ups occur.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JohnG

Enlightened
A day or two ago, I wrote to Cyrus Hung at Vicomptel.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> -----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 2:31 PM
To: Wei Hung
Subject: Re: Order inquiry

It appears that the Postal Service won't be able to deliver the package of
lights to me anytime soon.

Please consider resending the order to me with the understanding that I will
ship the original package back to you, at my own expense, as soon as it
arrives.

You will win by having a satisfied customer, and good publicity in the form
of a follow-up posting by me to the Candlepowerforums thread.
I, of course, will win by finally receiving the items which I paid you for
on June 7th.
Thanks for your understanding,

Sincerely,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I just got a reply from Cyrus Hung at Vicomptel. He has agreed to my request and has sent out a replacement to my order! (via USPS, I believe)

Thank-you VICOMPTEL!

watt4

Enlightened
Got my order today. Postmark was 11 June (one day after paypal went through). It took 20 days enroute for a small item of priority mail. !!

All photons arrived in perfect condition, still in the original manufacturers packaging.

I would not hesitate to order from VICOMPTEL again.
icon14.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by watt4:
Got my order today. Postmark was 11 June (one day after paypal went through). It took 20 days enroute for a small item of priority mail. !!

All photons arrived in perfect condition, still in the original manufacturers packaging.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now aren't you glad postage went up to 37¢???
wink.gif
grin.gif

V

vlights

Hey guys. We usually ship next business days after you place an order and "typically" the post office doesn't fail us, but when it does its totally out of our hands. After all these weird mishaps with the USPS we're suggesting now for everyone to use UPS for big orders that need to be somewhere for sure in a certain time.