New LED Light with Dim/Bright Option?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Just saw this on ebay:

at100-f.jpg

And here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1836614380

Has anyone seen or heard of this one before? Wonder if it's as bright as the LW4000 with its ten LEDs...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Upon browsing a little closer, it appears this light is offered by the same vendor that sells the 4 "White" and "High Intensity LED" light that turned out to be pale blue and rather dim, according to RonM's review. And he was sorta disappointed.

Then again, this light looks completely different from the designs of the other LEDs the vendor offers, so maybe it's a different manufacturer?

Then yet again, on the vendor's own "what else do they sell" page, they state that to meet customer demand, they brought in "a new product line", so it still might be made by the same mfr. of the dim one.

Soooo...I'm still tempted to submit a bid, but it's already at $35 -- which might mean it is indeed a higher quality, more-expensive-to-make flashlight. I remain cornfused...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

LEDs are japan made (=Nichia)
grin.gif
!!
Seems to be a nice light.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by electronic wim:
LEDs are japan made (=Nichia)
grin.gif
!!
Seems to be a nice light.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same guy offers good and bad lights. By my experience, as long as its LED are Japan made, it's good one. If it doesn't specify origin of the LED, it's a bad one
tongue.gif

Mr. Bulk, where do you get the idea of dim/bright option? I couldn't get any info about this option on its page
confused.gif

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Alan, I looked at the specs chart, where it says "Burn Time". on 3 LEDs its 100 hours and on 10 it's 50 hours? I just figgered then it must have a switchable way of lighting up ten LEDs or three...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

YC,

Yes, from all appearances it seems to be a well crafted item.

Darell

Flashaholic
You got *my* interest with the dimming part, for sure. But why they'd choose to burn fewer LEDs than to underdrive them all for efficiency's sake is a bit of a bother. Be great to find out just what the heck this light is...

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MR Bulk™:
Alan, I looked at the specs chart, where it says "Burn Time". on 3 LEDs its 100 hours and on 10 it's 50 hours? I just figgered then it must have a switchable way of lighting up ten LEDs or three...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should have read it
tongue.gif
I think they're from the same manufacturer who make the clipper3, 7-led aluminium light. They all have switchable feature. Thanks.

Alan