3 new lights for Father's Day!!!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 new lights for Father\'s Day!!!

My wife got me a 50.00 gift card from Sports Authority, because I told her they had about the best flashlight selection in town (she's a GOOD woman
wink.gif
...). Went there today and walked out with 3 new lights to feed my obsession! 1) PT Attitude: NICE little flood! 2) PT Pulsar: I really NEEDED another keychain light
grin.gif
...3) Coleman Kids Flashlight/Nightlight! I got this one because it had somewhat of a "cool" factor. It has a 2AA incandescent flashlight, and a 5 in-line LED "light show" on the back. The LED colors are 2-red, 2-green and 1-amber. The LED's arent all that bright, but there's a built in microprocessor that takes the LED's through 8 different flashing sequences at the touch of a button. Plus, with the addition of a halogen bulb and lithium batteries, the flashlight end isn't half bad. The beam's a little messy, but plenty bright...
Anyway, just thought I'd share a little bit of my Father's Day elation with my fellow CPFer's...In the 3-4 months That I've been a CPF member, my flashlight cache has gone from 11 lights to 40 lights! You guys are SOOOO BAD...you did this to me!!!
grin.gif

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 3 new lights for Father\'s Day!!!

You passed up on a Brinkman Legend LX or was it not offered at your local Sports Authority?

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast

Geepondy...Yes, they had 'em, but I already have one
grin.gif

PJD

...there is nothing in the world more frustrating than a lousy beam...

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened

40 torches! Can anyone beat that!
PJD, it sounds like your wife enjoys torches too!
Now let me see, how many I hasve scattered around in various stages of build/modification...
...15...I've ot a long way to go yet! ...

EMPOWERTORCH

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened

Oh well, I'm still quite new to this torchaholic thing! I'm blessed with a town which has many shops which sell torches, but not many LED ones so I mod and make my own!
LED torches are still a new phenomenon here in England, and I still get gasps of delight and surprise when I'm using one of my modded torches whilst I'm out and about, even if it is one of my more simple direct-drive red mods.
Now people have found out about the benefits of LED torches, they're coming to me with torches to modify to LED and are making enquiries about my box torches. Maybe I can turn this torchaholism into a serious business!

EMPOWERTORCH

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm...lets see...11 to 40 in four months...thats 7.25 per month or 1.81 per week...ok...I guess you can hang around here...that is respectable.

You lucky dog. I have a hard time with my wife getting one per month. Umm...want to trade wives...mine cooks real well?

Ken

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

This thread reminded me to do something I've been needing to do for awhile now, inventory my lights. So I just did that. I'm sure I've forgotten a few, and I'm up to 57. But I have 10 more on order/enroute. A few of these were purchased to be gifts, but as long as I still have them, I guess they count. TX