LightSabre-ish Light.

jashhash

Enlightened
I was just wondering if anyone has considered a super-lux far throwing beam light. Kind of like those Space needles equiped with A side emitting 5w bulb. The beam would be adjustable and could be thrown realy straight. But Wouldnt it be cool if the handle looked kinda like a LightSabre handle. like maybe this one:
cliff_wright_vader_saber.jpg

Now Im not saying it has to look exacly like a light sabre, only just enough to replicate the style... Maybe it should have a cool name like... erm... VaderSaber.

I know the machining on this thing would be reaaaly expensive, but Im not saying it has to reaaly look like the real thing. Also wouldnt it be cool if it came with a removable plexi glass pipe. Im not talking about flimsy pipe mind you! Im talking about the kind of pipe that you can beat somone to a bloody pulp with (this is the VaderSaber after all)/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
That light sabre handle shouldn't be too expensive to build. You just need to know where to scrounge everything from. After all, the original lightsabres were built from whatever they had lying around. Body from vacuum cleaner extension wand, fins from replacement car wiper blades, plastic collar from the plastic bit of the vacuum cleaner hose, and so on...

The difficult part would be the innards. Getting everything to sit securely, good heatsinking, reflector, etc.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would have to put a Cyan 5-watt in there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Those lightsabres in the original Star Wars films were made from Graflex Flash Guns taken from vintage cameras. Nowadays, replicas are CNC machined parts made to specifications. If you're interested in lightsabre replicas and can afford them check out http://www.buystarwarsstuff.com/

Here's a sample of their stuff:
1.jpg
helix2.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg

Ratus

Newly Enlightened
How about this
ALX-816A.jpg

Nuwai ALX-816A at Golden Gadgets

[ QUOTE ]
jashhash said:
...Also wouldnt it be cool if it came with a removable plexi glass pipe. Im not talking about flimsy pipe mind you! Im talking about the kind of pipe that you can beat somone to a bloody pulp with (this is the VaderSaber after all)/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look here at the "HITS" in 36"-48" size staffs
Stickman's Escrima Products

and here is another source of tubes
Tap Plastics

The biggest problem I can see is the joint between the hilt and the tube.

I have put too much thought into this over time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif