Frosted Glass

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
If this has been discussed already then sorry. I did a search and did not find it.
Rust-Oleum Frosted Glass semi-transparent finsh in a spray paint can works great for beams with rings in them. I sprayed it on the lens of Nuwai flashlight which had a ringy beam and it really improved it. I only sprayed a small amount on it. Just a quick spray is all. I am very pleased with the way the beam looks now. No rings at all. Looks like it has a textured reflector in it now. Sorry I have no way of taking pictures (no digital camera) and posting them.
The model # of the Frosted Glass spray is 1903 and the bar code is 0 20066 19038 5. My wife bought it at Lowes Hardware a couple of years ago to frost three small windows in our front door.
http://www.rustoleum.com/Product.asp?ddf=10&frm_product_id=38&SBL=1 Here is the product.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
LifeNRA,

I thought about doing this with a cheapo lantern that I recently modded with a LS. Do you notice any reduction in output after applying the finish?

I was afraid that applying the translucent finish would significanty reduce the amount of light being emitted.

Let us know what you think.

Thanks,
MSax

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
MSaxatilus,
I thought it looked a little dimmer indoors but outside I could not tell any difference. If that makes any sense. For me at least the reduced output was well worth the better beam. The reduced output in my opinion was very little. I just sprayed it once very quickly. No need to put a heavy coat on it.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Your welcome. And like I said it only takes a very quick spray.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I wonder how it would work on a reflector, instead of a lens? People have used clear Krylon for the purpose in the past.

Larry