Arc LS Modifications - New Pictures, 12/05/04

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Folks,

Thought I'd share with you all some new mods I've worked on lately, in continuation of this other thread.

(New Photos 12/05)
Blue_from_Enrique.jpg

Bead Blasted

arc_mod_1.jpg

Polished

A friend of mine ended up being the owner of these two Arcs (one of three polished ones I've done), and a bead blasted one. He sent me some pictures and I was amazed at the photos, they're far better than any I've ever taken with my camera, and they capture the detail far better than any of the pictures I've got. The only thing that's off is what appears to be a copious amount of dust in the lens and reflector that's not really visible, it's probably due to the white balancing on the camera.

(New Photos 11/07)
Some people have asked me to make a few Arc Mods for them, so I spent an afternoon building up my the remaining batch of parts I had bead blasted a few weeks ago. Most everything turned out nice, though the MM+ circuit in these gave a few problems which had to be resolved with a bit of ingenuity. They work perfectly now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Let me know what you all think.

111_1189.jpg

111_1191.jpg

111_1192.jpg

111_1193.jpg

111_1194.jpg

(Photos 10/28)
111_1167.jpg

111_1168.jpg

111_1170.jpg

111_1172.jpg

111_1173.jpg

111_1174.jpg

The Royal Blue light is running at 694mA on a stock Arc board, and the two white LED lights are TX1J emitters running off a MM+ Convertor, equipped with an SO17 reflector from IMS and a UCL. Please let me know what you think. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
------------------------------------------------------------

111_1121.jpg

111_1123.jpg

111_1124.jpg

111_1126.jpg

111_1130.jpg

111_1133.jpg

111_1135.jpg

(Saltwater Aquarium Life Flourescing under Royal Blue LED)

As you can see by the pictures, I modded two Arc LSs, one to Royal Blue, and another to Cyan, at 694 and 667mA, respectively. Both have UCLs and SO17 reflectors, and are using a twisty pack for the moment (waiting on some TSP-123 packs to get fixed up, then I'll be surface finishing them and some TSP-2AAs - I'll post pictures of those as well when they're done).

The finish is a satin aluminum, has some shine to it, but is pretty matte in comparison to the polished ones I've done.

Let me know what you think. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-EM

lhz

Newly Enlightened
Re: Pictures: New Arc LS Mods

NICE!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The Cyan one's already spoken for btw. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks you two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll see if I can get some more pictures when the sun is out. Pictures under incandescents never turn out as nice as full sun.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

How did you do the satin aluminium look?! Btw cyan and royalblue goes nicely with the satin finish. Great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
koala said:
How did you do the satin aluminium look?! Btw cyan and royalblue goes nicely with the satin finish. Great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bead blasted? looks cool as hell

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oops, forgot to mention that. It's a fine bead blasted finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis: Cool as hell? It's very hot then? Hmm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Endeavour said:
Oops, forgot to mention that. It's a fine bead blasted finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hallis: Cool as hell? It's very hot then? Hmm... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your frame of reference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pietro: Moreso than a bright polish, but all metal unless coated is susceptible to some scratches. They won't show too much on this finish though.

Hallis: I'm not going any further with that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

hehehehehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

good times.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Waiting on a few more parts to make the lights with some MM+ convertors from the shoppe, giving two lights away to family that's come into town this week, and making a few others as well. Need to bead blast some other battery packs and whathaveyou as well this week.

I'll post pictures of all the lights this weekend, assuming it's a sunny day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yum! Those are beautiful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Arc LS Modifications - New Pictures, 10/28/04

New pictures, new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
gladius said:
I like it!!
Is the finish resistant to the scratches?

Pietro

[/ QUOTE ]

Pietro: Upon making a few more of these and handling them a little more than before, I've found the bead blasted finish to be pretty scratch resilient. You can't expect to run it on concrete and for it to escape unscatched, but for normal use it should perform just fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif - sithjedi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Does the bead blast remove the HAIII or just make it look pretty?

Bill