Heat sink question

blademan

Enlightened
Would the heat sink out of a ledlenser or eddie bauer v2 be adequate for a 2d mag mod? I'm speakinf the v2 power chip from target. Thanks in advance for your help.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
It all depends on how hard you'll be driving the Luxeon. In general, unless you're keep the current at 350mA or below, I would say that I doubt it.

RussH

Enlightened
My question would be How does it fit? Hotbeams heatsinks (D or C mags) make a tight, large area contact with the body.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah i second Hotbeam heatsinks. i used one in a 2C and it worked out fantastically.

Shane

blademan

Enlightened
The heatsink was designed to fit in the head of the v2 so I would have to build a secondary donut to make it fit the mag body. I think I will try this route before I buy a heatsink. Also the ls was being driven by three n cells so I'm going to use three c batteries in hte 2 d M@glite.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
you can get the hotlips-C with sleeve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

RussH

Enlightened
IIRC, you only need the sleeve for the older mags. I think Hotbeam still has an ad for these in B/S/T which should have the details or just search for 'hotlips'. Also, the Maglight diameters have been posted before.

I don't have a V2 but I was thinking that most flashlights are larger internal diameter than OAD(Ontario (Kalifornia) Aluminum D or C-size AKA maglight). If it is smaller than you might try a cut up aluminum can as shim material.

I think you need to go into the tail cap slightly with 3Cs in a 2D so you may need to change the spring to a smaller diameter. I found an assortment at Home Depot that had one that worked.

blademan

Enlightened
Thanks for the superb info! I have a free weekend and I'm ready to do it! Thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif