NOMINATION - EDC of the YEAR

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished to put togheter what, in my opinion, is the EDC of the Year 2004.

My testbed is a SF E1e with KL1 Gen2 and Mc2S 30 Ohm.

- It draws 20 mA on Low, and 900 mA on High.
- The runtime with a Duracell, as tested, is 60 hrs on Low and 75 min (regulated) on High.
- The voltage drop across the 30 Ohm resistor in the tailcap is 0.6 volt, that accounts for a relative efficiency of 80% (only 20% is lost in the tailcap; this figure is above 50% in the case of 2 cells).
- When high mode is out of regulation, the low mode still works well (try this with an L1)
- It takes a 6 ft drop on the tailcap (try this with an L1 or Arc4 rev. 2) without problems.
- It don't show any greenish tint on low.
- It throws very well, either in high mode or low mode.
- Fit the hand correctly, has a clip, it is inobtrusive in the pocket.

Your opinions about my "nomination" are greatly appreciated.

Anthony

m1match

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a nice light. My EDC is a VIP with Bulkhead. I think it's performance on low and medium is close to your light, but the added medium setting is almost as bright as high and gives hours of light. The VIP fits the hand great and I'm waiting for a pocket clip to arrive. Because they're so hard to come by, I wouldn't even think of dropping my VIP to test it's durability! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif