What is needed to mod an Arc LS?

McShawn

Enlightened
I know the question has many answers but I recently opened up one of my Arc LS flashlights, it was a second because of a scratched optic.
I know I will need:
new fraen(sp?) optic
new lens
lux III?
board to drive it?

The current board with lux still works but I would like to put in something like a lux III, is that possible?
I would like maximum brightness out of the board.
Any suggestions and where I could purchase the stuff?
Thanks
Shawn

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
You can replace the stock luxeon with a lux III. It drives a TYOK quite well.

You can increase the current by messing with the sense resistors, but I've heard that can cause eventual failure of the board.

I get a good, bright light from my second with just the lux III change.

You can go with the Fraen or NX05 or a reflector, depending on your taste. I like the NX05 but I've seen LSH with reflector and it's pretty nice too.

Daniel

McShawn

Enlightened
Cool thanks for the advice. I read about changing/adding resistors but I think I will stick to just changing the luxII. Now for another silly question, where is a good place to get a luxII, I'm new to modding.

McShawn

Enlightened
Thanks gadet_lover, for the advice, I have a luxIII ordered and a fraen but I still need a new lense. Any idea, I not sure what size it takes, I will have to go and buy me a good metric ruler and micrometer this weekend.

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlightlens.com sells the UCL for the LS at a few dollars. It's clearer than the stock lens.