turquiose arc brighter than white?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've had a turquiose arc for quite a while but it probably hasn't been used for more than 12 or 13 hours. I just recently got a white arc. My compliments to Gransee. I work in a home where I sleep over night for the purpose of 24 hour supervision and assistence and compared my new white arc to a garrity 2D light that just had a fresh change of batteries and my white arc is just about as bright as the 2D light!

I compared my new light to my turquiose which also has a brand new aaa in it and lo and behold, my white is brighter.

Isn't that backwards? my turquoise LED couldn't be dimming that fast could it? I thought the turquioses were supposed to be the brightest or brightest to the eye.

Also, my white beat the turquiose in a test of mine that comes as close to measuring total light output as possible. Shinning both lights at the ceiling, the white gives of more perifory (sp?) light.

Zephyr

Enlightened
You have quite a bright ARC you got there! I have a Photon turquoise and it's much brighter than my ARC AAA (white) version 3.1 that I just recently purchased. Even with my 4 LED flashlight, the turquoise LED is still a very bright LED to be reckon with. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but turqoise LED is supposedly brighter to the eyes than the white LEDs. That is why my next ARC purchase will be a turquoise one.

ZEPH
smile.gif

bewshy

Newly Enlightened
I have a regular white Arc AAA and just bought my girlfriend the turquiose EV and that thing is way brighter. I'm going to get one for myself.

Eric B

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
My turq EV is considerably brighter than any of my LE's, but I prefer the LE's. TX

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
You must have one heckofa white ARC, or one lame-o turquoise ARC. I recently bought from TexasTacticalSupply.com an ARC AAA white 3.1, an ARC AAA turquoise (apparently non-EV), and two ARC AAA turquoise EV's.

My white 3.1 is an impressive light for its size, but isn't nearly as bright as any of my turquoise ARCs.

Funny thing though, the EV's aren't much (if any) brighter than the non-EV. Maybe my "non-EV" is really an EV?

Also of note, on fresh batts all three of the turq ARCs have pretty much the same apparent output as my turq Photon III. The biggest difference I see is that the Photon III gives a bit more side light due to its lack of a reflector.

cool.gif
cool.gif

Latest posts