Wooden Flashlight (work in progress)

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I finished the head of my 1st homemade light, its based on the 34063 regulator (of ill pill fame) and uses 4 x 21000mcd leds I purchased a while ago from ebay. These leds have a beam that is only about 10 degrees, so no reflector is necesary.

The body (prototype) is made in guatambu, a local hard wood, and the electrical path is made using a coaxial shield.

Here are the pics:
view1
DSC00336.JPG

view2
DSC00337.JPG

in the hall way, standing 15feet away
DSC00338.JPG

DSC00339.JPG

15 feet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
DSC00340.JPG

at 2 feet against the wall
DSC00342.JPG

DSC00341.JPG

and the mandatory family shoot
DSC00343.JPG

Lux reading at 1 meter
DSC00344.JPG

Next step is to made the aluminium inlay and make it thinner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pablo

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
PEU...this is certainly a unique torch! I love the classic wood grain mixed with the technology of a photonic emitter! Great aesthetics!!

You had some other pics posted here somewhere didn't you? We should get them all together in the same thread, eh?

Ahhhh found them!

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started this thread because is a different light, the other is still in progress and will use a LS, but since I cant (yet) build a sandwich small enough to fit that body, I made a new one slightly larger to acomodate the one I built.

The light of this one is very good compared to the only bin of LS 1w I have (q2k) plus a NX05 lens.

4 of these 21cd leds give a good run for the money against a decent LS 1w (cost 20 units $15 shipped) and allows to make a more compact light since no lens are needed.

I need to find fancier woods, not very difficult around here if you have enough time to look!

more pics to come next week.

Pablo

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to dress things up a little bit, look around for wooden knobs and other furniture type pieces. Could probably come up with some really nifty wood designs without too much work.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Pablo - I am a woodworking type myself - really like your lights - very creative, nice workmanship. Just curious - Your post and tape measure are in inches, and I thought you guys were purely metric system ?

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Harry,

yes we as most of the world use the metric system, but this time I played nice with the fellow USA CPFers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For all the metric guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif 2feet= 0.60m and 15feet = 4.50 mts

Pablo

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there Pablo,

Nice light but couldnt see the whole thing together
and not turned on.

Can post another pic?

Take care,
Al