CNC-123- The teasing ends. Now for sale !!!!!!

CNC Dan

Enlightened
Greatings all. I am happy to anounce that more CNC-123 lights are now ready to go on sale. Oeo2oo(Fred) and I have teamed up to bring you the next batch of my CNC-123 flashlight. Unlike my previous offerings, the CNC-123 now comes with everything you need installed. Fred will post soon and have full details. Of corse you can still change out the optic for a Fraen, or swap the badboy for something else just like before. Fred will post soon and have full details.

In addition the lights have been polished and nickel plated.
The tailcap houses a Kroll switch and has a hole for a split ring or lanyard.

The lights can be ordered with the NX-05 optic or the IMS 17mm reflector with cover lens.

The bodys have an octogon shape and are sandplasted to provide good grip allong with the knurling on the tailcap.

I hope you all like the improvemets in this run and we welcome any comments or sugetions for future improvments.

Dan

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CNC-123- The teasing is over....

<font color="blue">Introducing the CNC-123 Octagon Flashlight</font>
CNC-123OctoNickel1.jpg

First, let me say that working with Dan is my pleasure. He is the consummate perfectionist with the heart of a true flashaholic! Both Dan and I intend to stand behind what we sell. If it isn't right, feel free to return it for a full refund (within a week, please), or give us a chance to make it right for you.

I take great pride in the workmanship behind the light, while it is a simple light, it is well-made and designed to last. The CNC-123 is also moddable and we will make available extra bodies, heads, tailcaps, etc., as we go forward. For this limited run of the Octagon, there are only complete lights for sale. Previous bodies will fit this design.

And now, on to the details. The CNC-123 Octagon is presently available in two configurations:

<font color="red">CNC-123 Octagon with Optic and Lux III T-binned LED</font>
* Luxeon III, white, high dome, TX1J binned emitter.
* Powered by a BadBoy 500 mA driver by Wayne Yamaguchi.
* Luxeon NX05 optic, no lens.
* Surefire CR123 battery.
* One cell, bead blasted body made from 6061 T-6 aluminum.
* Electroless nickel plated for durability and beauty.
* Knurled tailcap, with lanyard hole also houses a Kroll switch.
* Length: 3 5/16", 1" diameter; 84.25mm x 25.27mm
* Price: $123.00, postpaid within the U.S. via First Class mail.

<font color="green">CNC-123 Octagon with Reflector, UCL lens and Lux III T-binned LED</font>
* IMS 17mm reflector, hand trimmed with an ultra clear Borofloat lens.
* Electroless nickel plated for durability and beauty.
* Price: $133.00, postpaid within the U.S. via First Class mail.

<font color="blue">CNC-123 Black Rhino Octagon with Optic and Lux III T-binned LED</font>
* Luxeon NX05 optic, no lens.
* Black anodized for durability and beauty.
* Price: $120.00, postpaid within the U.S. via First Class mail.

<font color="orange">CNC-123 Black Rhino Octagon with Reflector, UCL lens and Lux III T-binned LED</font>
* IMS 17mm reflector, hand trimmed with an ultra clear Borofloat lens.
* Black anodized for durability and beauty.
* Price: $130.00, postpaid within the U.S. via First Class mail.

Please allow about one week for delivery. PayPal of any sort accepted to the address in my profile. Foreign orders, please add $2 per order. For Priority or other expedited delivery, please e-mail for a cost estimate.

(Edit added 10/26:)
OK, we've listened and decided that we will sell complete flashlight bodies also.

That will include the bezel, the head, the octagon body, and the tailcap and nothing else, no O-rings, no optics, no Kroll switch, no sandwich, no battery--just the aluminum parts which have been electroless nickel plated.

<font color="blue">Price: $55 postpaid via First Class mail in the U.S. Foreign orders, please add $2 per order. Thanks. </font>

CNC-123BKandEN.jpg

New arrrival:
CNC-123Blue.jpg

marcspar

Enlightened

That's great looking! Where are the bodies made?

Thanks,

Marc

marcspar

Enlightened

Is the gold/brass tone I see really there or is it 'natural' aluminum colored?

Marc

HgRyu

Enlightened

I need head,body,tail and o-ring only as previous.
Is this possible ?
Thanks.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

marcspar,

The color is really silver, almost chrome colored, not brass colored at all. My photographic skills aren't what they used to be, so we'll have to wait until my photographer gets back from his vacation before I can post some nicer, more realistic photos.

Trust me, the nickel plated body is gorgeous.

marcspar

Enlightened

It looks it! I'll be sending over a paypal order for one with a reflector in the morning.

Please save me one!

Marc

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

HgRyu,

Sorry, but at this point, no, it is not possible to order just the parts. These are being sold as flashlights and any purchaser will be allowed to order additional parts later, as they become available.

There will be only 123 of these CNC-123 Octagon flashlights available before Dan and I have another style available.

soloco

Enlightened

I have a question about the NX05 version. There is no lens. So does that mean that the outermost thing is the optic itself? Will we be able to swap out any standard NX05 if the original gets scratched? The 17mm reflector is "hand-trimmed" so I'm assuming a standard one will NOT fit in if we want to replace it.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

soloco,

The NX05 does not require a lens as it has a nice smooth face. Yes, it can get scratched over time, but replacing that will be a very simple matter of unscrewing the bezel, lifting the O-ring, taking out the old optic and putting the new one in place of the old.

The IMS reflector will be modified by me to fit the CNC-123 head. That basically involves removing the legs and taking a very slight amount off the front of the reflector. So, you are correct, a standard new IMS 17mm will not just "fit in" the bore; it would need to be modified to fit.

Hey, isn't that why we make these things? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you would like an optic with the Borofloat lens to protect it, then I can give you the Fraen narrow beam optic and the Borofloat lens with a special O-Ring that will replace the NX05 just fine. Cost would be $6 more than the NX05 version.

E

EchoSierraTwo

[ QUOTE ]
oeo2oo said:
Massachusetts, home of the next World Series Champs! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Booooooooooooooooooooooo! Hehehehehehehe. Yes, Im disgruntled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

soloco

Enlightened

Thanks for the quick answers. Just a few more quick ones. I'm assuming the lens-less NX05 version isn't any less weather resistant than the lensed reflector version. If it is, then will the option to have the Fraen + lens seal the front of the light up better?

Second question, can you ship Priority Mail? First Class Mail takes MUCH longer to Hawaii than Priority Mail.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

soloco,

You are correct, the NX05 is not less weather resistant than the lensed reflector version. There is an O-ring in there and some grease on the threads to help repel water. This is not a waterproof light, but fairly water resistant in its design.

Priority mail would add an extra $3.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
CNC Dan said:

I hope you all like the improvemets in this run and we welcome any comments or sugetions for future improvments.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll go first, please take this as constructive criticism. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really don't care for the looks of this version of the CNC-123, it's way too "busy" for a one cell light. You've got a smooth head, an octagonal bead blasted middle, and an aggressively knurled tail, all in the span of a little more than 3". There's just too many shapes and textures going on here. The light looks like it has multiple personalities.

This is just my opinion of course, but I've never been a fan of the octagonal bodies. I could see having a smooth head, bead blasted octo body, and smooth tail. This would give you the grippability benefits without the aesthetic hit of three different textures.

Peter

McShawn

Enlightened

I would like one of these: NC-123 Octagon with Reflector, UCL lens and Lux III T-binned LED

PM sent
Shawn

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey LitFuse,

You big bin snob! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Seriously, all good points and, believe me, points that I've tossed and turned with for some time. To be perfectly honest, these bodies are what Dan had already made, so we ran with these and have come up with an ugly mutt that really grows on you.

At first I couldn't stand the octagon body, but now I like it. Need I say that this light doesn't look like any others on my shelf, so that makes it easier to find, and use.

As for the bin we used; that was the best that I could get for now. Guess I'll just have to stop selling those TW0Hs to the CPF crowd and keep them all for us, eh?

We'll be polling everyone about what they would like and then forge ahead. For now, I think that most people who get one of these in their hands will not want to send it back, just my humble opinion, of course.

soloco

Enlightened

Do the edges on the octagonal body stick out enough to prevent rolling?