inova x5 any good?

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tom,
I think you should forget about the X5 for a tactical light. It's a great close utility light, but by no means designed for tactical use. TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

thanks guys.
smile.gif

PhilAlex

Enlightened
It's my Everyday carry in the Car. Lithiums last forever, I have a spare set in the car too.

I'm THINKING of adding a Z2 for those long range tasks.

Dunno, tho.

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
If you want tactical flashlight for your shotgun, get a Streamlight M-3 or M-5 Tactical flashlight. It's not an LED light but, it's made mount to your firearm.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

is this light bright enough to be "tactical"? how will it compare to my e2e?

i'm thinking of mounting this to my shotgun. comments/suggestions welcome.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It won`t be nearly as bright as the E2, and as far as mounting it to any kind of weapon, well as a nav-light maybe just fine, but nothing more- you won`t stun anyone with the power of the light, or see to the end of a large back-yard at who or what is there.

What they mean by "Tactical" is the fact that it has a tail cap switch, as opposed to the twist-head of the original X5. It`ll be great for closer tasks, and navigating your way round somewhere, but for "real Tactical" use, not great.

rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the X5-T and no way I would use it to mount on a shotgun. I would say its great for long running close range lighting. I got it for that purpose, My stinger is great for short term, and high power. Wish I had an M6 for short term and high power though
grin.gif