Observation: not many new Innova x5 posts

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
I don't know 'bout the other members, but I for one, love mine. I'm assuming you mean the X5-TM model. Although it is slightly larger than the orig., it is a solid light in my book. Brightness is equal to the orig as far as my eyes can tell. I got the "titanium finish" one as all my other lights are black and it was time for a change.
Unrelated: After selling all my Qwest stock, I'm treating myself to some new "toys". Next item on list, either one of Lambda's or Electrolumens' creations that they offer for sale or auction.
shocked.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoff in Philly:
are people staying away from this iteration?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to get one, but comparing it to the brightness/relative lower prices of the souped-up mods that many here offer, it just didn't make the cut in my pocketbook.

JMHO...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have an early (twist on) X5. It was cool in its day (month) but now that I have an Arc-LS, the X5 is reserved for high risk of damage (to the lite)work only. While the initial brightness is about the same, the X5 fades in brightness as those expensive lithiums loose voltage.

Spork

Enlightened
I was really wanting the x5 but there are to many other lights coming out that will be better. just think of it this way. the 50 bucks you save on the x5 is like a 50 dollar off coupon for the arc ls
cool.gif

Although not as bright I'm very happy with my opalec right now being my main led light. this really is a more expensive hobby than I thought I was getting into.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my X5T, and am very happy with it. Looks great, works great. The button has a good feel to it.

Graham

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrchri5:
this really is a more expensive hobby than I thought I was getting into.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ain't that the truth? Did you ever think you'd be buying $50, $75, $100.... flashlights? Yes, sometimes it is good to sit back and take a deep breath. Easy to get sucked into the "must haves."

I'm glad everybody is liking the new X5. I would have sucked one up if they made some token effort to regulate the thing!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the X5 and love it, it will be the light I use for extended illumination duties. Nice size, it fits in my Scorpion holster perfectly..and it isnt a struggle to pull out unlike the Scorpion

mc

Newly Enlightened
When I think high quality machined flashlight bodies, I think Surefire, Arc's, and the Inova X5.

The CMG Infinity has not iterated, reworked, or updated their light, yet.

Tektite, has mostly plastic bodies, some aluminum, but very Mag-like.

I think the Princeton Tech's are ok, but still cheap molded plastic.

Also, in this category are all the other plastic flashlights, Lightwave's, CCrane's, etc., nice Led's, cheap bodies, with little design, kinda like electrical people designed the bodies.

The Mod's:

The Opalec Newbeam, regulated, but only 3 Led's dropped in a Mini Mag, boring.

Take your Lambda Illuminator, nice new electronics, but a borrowed, standard Brinkman light with switch (I love mine).

The pill (love mine) in the Mini Mag, nice, but still in an outdated Mini Mag.

The Dat2zip electronics, I would like one, to put somewhere, somehow.

So many of us picked up the mods, even if they are housed in outdated, and boring
mass produced, cheaply machined housings. Really great, cutting edge electronics
and Led's are used, and appreciated.

Back to:

This Inova X5 flashlight, notice flashlight, not Mod, is the only Led quality piece out there beside the Arc's, I know of. A group of people designed, and created it, and brought it to market. The body does not resemble any other flashlight. It also incorporates a tail switch, the only Led flashlight with a machined body I know of, that does.

I myself have also been happy to acquire a well designed and machined Inova X5T, even though it is not regulated. If a flashlight person does not get one of these, I think they are missing out on a segment of flashlight history. Not to be missed in my budget.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm saving my pennies for one of the new ones right now.
Re: Edwood Qwest stock. At $1.92 what will you get?
smile.gif
grin.gif

funk

Enlightened
Sorry to everyone for this, but I can never control myself when I see these kind of things:
Plastic does not necessarily equal cheap!
Some plastics are quite expensive and great quality and durablility!
!Funk!

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have my X5T by the end of the week. I really like the look and features of this light. I see this as a logical compliment for my E2; roughly the same size, same operation, use the same batts, but one has more range and the other burns longer.

I have many Photons, a couple ARC AAAs, a PT Attitude and a CMG Infinity. I like all of them for various reasons, but I see myself using the X5T more. I like the idea of that push putton switch, and I like it being machined out of aluminum so I can carry it in my back pocket and not worry too much about crunching it (not a bash on plastics, more of a comment on the size of the seat of my trousers).

I would use my ARC and Attitude more, but they are not as easy to activate one handed when I am running wiring or crawled under/behind a server rack. I don't see it as a really tactical light, but instead as more of what I had wanted my E1 to be.

Now if I can just figure out how to put a pocket clip on it I will be set....

Danny

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
My three favorite LED flashlights that I sell on PocketLights.com are the Inova X5 Tactical, Opalec NewBeam and the Arc AAA. I chose these lights because I prefer aluminum flashlights . I like the X5 because it is sturdy and bright, looks cool and has the push button switch on the end cap.

leddite

Enlightened
okay, so to the best of anyone's knowledge, who has the killer price (factoring in shipping, and possibly the 2nd set of batteries) for the x5t?

i'm tempted, but not at over $45. $35-40 yes. $50-60 + shipping? uh no
smile.gif

thanx...

(also note: seems after all the hubbalaloo there's LOTs of CMG reactors in the local EMS store. pity they don't QUITE do it for me. though 20% off $32 will be tempting sooner or later. if they fix the switch!)

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
If you wait long enough, Discovery Stores in local Mall may start carrying the new Innova. For some reason, all of the LED lights that they had were blue though.

- Vikas

leddite

Enlightened
okay, so to the best of anyone's knowledge, who has the killer price (factoring in shipping, and possibly the 2nd set of batteries) for the x5t?

i'm tempted, but not at over $45. $35-40 yes. $50-60 + shipping? uh no
smile.gif

thanx...

(also note: seems after all the hubbalaloo there's LOTs of CMG reactors in the local EMS store. pity they don't QUITE do it for me. though 20% off $32 will be tempting sooner or later. if they fix the switch!)

Chas

Newly Enlightened
I got four of these puppies. One in my wife's car, one in mine, one to friend in Maine (will be great test on light and batteries come this winter
grin.gif
)and one as a spare. So far nothing but positive remarks from all.

God help me if Surefire comes out with an LED light or exchangeable head for their exisiting lights.

Best Regards,

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MC:
When I think high quality machined flashlight bodies, I think Surefire, Arc's, and the Inova X5.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to give credit where credit is due.

As much as I don't like the beam and light output, the MAG-LITE is a very well machined instrument.