Anyone ever try a 4LR-44 (or equiv.) type battery?

lymph

Enlightened
I saw these tiny batteries at the store (6v) and wondered if they'd drive a LED for any amount of time. Anyone ever try one? There are Lithium equivalents, I think. I can't find a data sheet or specs.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: Anyone ever try a 4LR-44 (or equiv.) type batt

according to camera websites this is an alkaline battery, most likely just 4 LR44 watch batteries stacked in a metal package.
141460691v2.jpg

It would probably drive a 5mm led for perhaps an hour or two with a resistor, but you probably would be better off direct driving one from 3xLR44 batteries instead of paying around $5 for one of these.

lymph

Enlightened

So it probably doesn't have many milliamp-hours...?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

I would guess from results in a search engine that each LR44 cell is about 100-120mah so if you drive an LED at 20mah theoretically you could get 6 hours at that rate but I have a feeling batteries this small are rated at a lot smaller current and come down faster at that rate. I have an LED cliplite that uses 3 LR44s in it says... one hour of light.
so probably 2 hours of intermittent use or one hour of constant use I would guess off 3 batteries... 4 may extend the time maybe another 30 mins to an hour perhaps.