battery and lamp storage question

rifle59

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a Surefire L1 for general use. Mainly for outdoor activities/hunting etc. It seems to be handy and I don't have to carry an extra bulb. That said, are there any "slick" ways of carrying extra bulb and batteries for Surefire G2/6P's other than the factory carrier? No one in town has them in stock and I don't have time to order one right now.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Hi rifle59,

35mm film canisters work great for spare lamp asmys.

You might have to get a little creative with the batteries.
I've used the cardboard core from wrapping paper for some time with great success. I found one with a inner diameter close to the size of the cells and cut it to fit 4 of them.
I covered the cardboard with heatshrink tubing. Then I grabbed a couple end caps from a old weight set curl bar and glued one end in place. The other end pressed on snuggly for access.

A trip to the local hardware store will probably inspire lots of ideas. The thing I made is quite handy and less than 6 inches long.

It's an idea anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Some use a matchbox to carry two 123 batteries. The link is just so you can see what to look for. You can find these in the camping department of Walmart, Gander Mountain and maybe Target.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF rifle59, and why dontcha stay awhile!

Aside from the matchcase, Kodak Advantix film canisters are just right for two 123s. Fujis are too small. You can get them for free at the photo developing desk at your local drugstore or superstore or camera store, just ask.

welcome again,
daloosh

Jarndyce

Newly Enlightened
You could try this site:

www.inanycase.com

They have cases that are great for storing batteries in a glove box or briefcase. Not pocketable though.

Eric

RussH

Enlightened
Thomas distributing has some 123 &AA cases too, maybe cheaper. Thanks for that inanycase site, tho, it's got a large variety of interesting cases.
Edit to add: try Walmart fishing boxes...

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I carry 2 123 batteries in a mini M&M candy plastic case. I bought the candy at walmart just for the case. They also have a smaller version of the candy that fits 1 battery just right. I just stuff a rubber band in the case to stop any rattle in there.

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i was just going to suggest using the mini M&M plastic cases till i scrolled down and saw someone beat me to it. i use the longer M&M case and those will fit 4 123 batteries.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Find a camera store that sell used equipment. You would be amazed at the small pouches, and cases you can find floating around these places. I have them to fit everything from 2 batteries to 14.

STEVENT6

Enlightened
I've never bought anything for this purpose. Instead I save plastic bottles or containers from various items if they appear to be strudy and waterproof. Good quality Plastic containers similar to tupperware can be useful.

STEVENT6

Enlightened
I've never bought anything for this purpose. Instead I save plastic bottles or containers from various items if they appear to be strudy and waterproof. Good quality Plastic containers similar to tupperware can be useful.

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
How about a small fly fishing / bait tackle box. These are usually available in sporting goods store everywhere. Since you are using it for outdoor activities, a small tackle box would fit right in your supply bag.