CMG products

Chas

Newly Enlightened
CMG products

When is/are the new CMG product(s) suppose to be out and what is/are it/they?

Thanks........

Best Regards,

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Re: CMG products

Well, I don't know when, but from just recently talking with CMG's product manager, they have slated for "late summer", release of a higher output, shorter runtime (20 hrs)Infinity, and of course the Reactor has been debugged and the new units are currently shipping to dealers, and there is a white LED version of the Bonfire tent light in production. Too bad I don't know the release dates, as I would really like the "souped up" Infinity for this years outing.
shocked.gif

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast

How do you tell the difference between the original Reactors and the new ones?

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Edwood:
Well, I don't know when, but from just recently talking with CMG's product manager, they have slated for "late summer", release of a higher output, shorter runtime (20 hrs)Infinity<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So maybe CMG is going to scrape the black coating off of the + contact for you??
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

seriously, I can't believe what a difference that made..

Empath

Flashaholic

It looks like they used a similar arrangement with their first version, and the little arched tab over the contact. I sacrificed one (I thought), and pulled the tab off. I had to stick a washer in it to make battery contact, but I ended up with an Infinity that is brighter than my Arc LE, CPF Edition, AAA Arcs or Arc-Finity. It's not only brighter, but by comparison it looks pure white, while the Arcs look pea-green. I haven't measured anything, but I'd suspect it's overdriven enough that it may blow. I've only used a lithium AA in it so far, but if it survives an hour or so of that, I may let it completely exhaust an Alkaline AA, and see how it does.

I off to the coast. The forecast high there is 65 degrees (F)
smile.gif
; the forecast here is 95.
shocked.gif

Empath

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Empath:
I've only used a lithium AA in it so far, but if it survives an hour or so of that, I may let it completely exhaust an Alkaline AA, and see how it does.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometime between five minutes, and my next check of it at twenty minutes, it went belly up. It's too bad; it made a beautiful light.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

Empath:

Still cheaper than the ARC LSS I burned up with a 123 and a lithium AA when I screwed it into a Scorpion base.