New Norlux Hex LEDs up to 130 LUMENS

startravel

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen or tried these very cool looking Norlux HEX LEDs? Some colors have up to 130 lumens per module!

They are made by Uniroyal Technology Corporation http://www.uniroyaltech.com.

Norlux HEX are available in Red, Green, Blue, Amber, White, UV and RGB.

The RGB looks very interesting because it has all the primary colors on one chip. So theoretically you can have any color by dialing in the correct brightness for each R G and B.
grin.gif

You can buy them at http://www.ledreps.com/products/Norlux/index.htm

Can somebody please post pictures?

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
bang for the buck the ls has it beat in white.
but look at the specials page.
15-20 degree whites at $.60 in 500 lot.
anyone know about these whites?
do i smell a group buy?
smile.gif

ake

Newly Enlightened
Forward voltage for white one is 17 V.!!
I think it said at least it need ~ 13 V for power supply so maybe a bit too much for a handheld flash light.

Ake

startravel

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ake:
Forward voltage for white one is 17 V.!!
I think it said at least it need ~ 13 V for power supply so maybe a bit too much for a handheld flash light.

Ake
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could use a step up circuit in battery lights. Also, they might make some nice accent lighting or path lights.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
come on, somebody give some input! i am dieing to know more about these leds!!!!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
When this first came up, I started to order some but as I was about to click on the "submit order" button, I realized I was broke. Got a little money but decided to buy the lathe instead since I was expecting the 5W Luxeons to come in soon.....

Maybe next time I have some extra money I'll order some of these. They DO look interesting, if somewhat more difficult to mod than a Luxeon.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
star, um, well, the white luxeon star is about 18 lumens, the white norlux is rated at 25. so the answer to your quest is about .72. anywat, at a price of 60 cents, i would be willing to purchase about 100 of them =)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, i suppose i should add that the new 5 watt white luxeons are capable of 120 lumens, but there is currently no way to get it even close to that in a flashlight.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snakebite and Rothrandir,

You might've just been joking about this, but where did you get the 60cents unit price of the 25-lumen white Norlux hex module from? The website lists a retail of $40/ea. Even in lots of 500, I'm not sure you'd get that big a discount!
smile.gif

camisdad

Newly Enlightened
that hex shape needs over 1.141" of internal diameter for a bezel mount.