Quality of clothing at cabelas

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if you guys share this opinion, but I hate to spend money on cloths. If I must I hate to spend that much and being a tall big guy it is hard to find them and they are not that cheap. I wear like a 2x-3x 18 1/2 neck 44 inch waist 34 or 36 inch legs.

I generally shop at kmart as cloths at walmart seem to shrink too fast. I buy kmart brand wrangler jeans, a pair lasts about half a year before the knees come apart. The sweats seems to shrink as I wash them as well as the flanel and light weight shirt jackets.

Anyway, I was at the cabelas site and looked at the bargin cave and found some 10 dollar shirts or so that were flanel and sweats. I ordered 3 shirts, 1 sweat, 2 flanel but nice not redneck looking and shipping came to 33 bucks and change. 3 2x shirts for 33 bucks. I got them and they are nice. The sweat and 2x seem a bit snug. The 18 1/2 neck shirt is just right. I was considering going back and targeting 3x size clothing as I recall seeing some shirts that were only 3x as they were clearance items.

Before I buy some more items, I was wondering if their clothing from anyones experience is better than kmart or so?

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way better. Been a fan of Cabelas for years. I really like their 7pocket shorts and pants (the older ones were better than the current -- but isn't everything). They also have a 1 3/4 inch leather jean/work belt if you want to carry a bunch of lights, etc. That width is hard to find, especially at $20. Their satisfaction guarantee is for real, you're just out the shipping.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use to go to use uniform shops and buy shirts and pants, but the size I need seems to of dried up. That was nice spendinga buck a shirt. Some had no name tags, others had a logo or name tag and it wasnt much effort to remove those.

I have to admit I like the feel of the twice brushed flannel shirt i ordered last time. Man that is heavy and feels soft.

I ordered the 2 pocket sweat pants 3x, sweat shirt 3x matching and another flannel shirt in bison grey 3x too. The shirt was 14.95 , but the rest 9.99 and 6.95 shipping.

Well see if I ed up throwing these away after the season or use them again next year.

tracker870

Enlightened
I've been buying clothes & lots of other gear from Cabelas for many years. No complaints. I like the quality & durability of the clothing.