Help mod PC case with LED's

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Help mod PC case with LED\'s

I'm going to do some serious PC case modifying and could use some expertise. My PC case is a Directron Dragon DA01SLD full-tower ATX case. Here is a link to what it looks like http://store.yahoo.com/directron/da01sld.html. On both the side panels there are 425 little holes, and I thought it would look cool to put blue LED's in each of those holes. Probably have to hot glue them in, but each hole is about 2 cm in diameter, so I might be better off using a 3mm LED instead of a 5mm. I have heard that I could hook up a string of 3 LED's and a 68 ohm resistor. How would I go about wiring all this up? I am not very good with things like resisters and would like to use a 12v power supply. Am I able to use one resister for more than 3 LED's? Any suggestions as to where I could buy 1000 blue LED's in bulk for the most reasonable price and any wiring diagrams would be very useful and greatly appreciated.
confused.gif

NightShift

Enlightened
Re: Help mod PC case with LED\'s

eX, thats a lot of LEDs and work...I dunno if its worth all that! Nice case tho, I was going to get a case like that but not the server one. I finally found one I liked. I did an LED lighting mod to mine, check it out...

http://members.aol.com/nightshft8/pc/casemod.html

The red light is so much more purer and clear than in the pictures...I would have done it w/blue or white LEDs, but I had a surplus of bright red ones at the time.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Help mod PC case with LED\'s

425??!! The best price I know of for blue LEDs is $1/ea. That comes to $425
shocked.gif
Is that per side? ($850)
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

May I suggest:
Install a small neon light inside the case, Then fill the holes with clear epoxy, or something, and lightly sand the inside surface for a similar effect for around $20.

If you get one made for a car, they're designed to run on 12V. You might be able to run it off the computer's power supply. CHECK THE POWER REQUIREMENTS FIRST TO MAKE SURE THE PC CAN HANDLE THE EXTRA LOAD, I'VE NEVER DONE THIS!!