The LaserPod.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just sent them an email, politely asking them if they were amenable to sending me an evaluation unit.
So all I can do now is wait, and see what happens...fingers crossed!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
When or if I receive an evaluation unit, I'll make it a priority to get it on my website as soon as possible after I receive it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
And if they let you keep the evaul unit, you know were to send it after you are done. After all Craig, you have far too many lights to really enjoy this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

If they could drop the price 60% I might try one.

Edited to prove I can spell PRICE. Grrr.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm very tempted to purchase one of these...I think I'll wait and see if Craig gets one reviewed.

mm85

Newly Enlightened
Looks nifty, please get us pics too if you get one!

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
They should make a version shaped like a Shroom.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
About an hour ago, I received a large package from UPS. I just now opened it, and guess what was inside?

Not one, but TWO Laserpod units!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll start my evaluation as soon as I can, and provide the direct-entry URL here when I've published the web page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDMuseum:

May I please have dibs on one of your test pods when you're through with it??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Craig, you better keep em' both! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif However, if you do decide to "auction" one off or offer it another way - please let us know!

Seriously waiting to hear what you have to say about this unit! I think that was very respectable of them to send them to you! Please no toilet beam shots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Craig, would you say it's sort of an "indoors Aurora Borealis" type effect?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen the Northern Lights before (when I still lived in Alaska), and I don't think the Laserpod reproduces them very well.
So I would have to say...no.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I just noticed that their website says "Free shipping from our Seattle Branch."

Are you the Seattle branch, Craig? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The address label on my package was labelled as having come from Sacred Temple/Assassin Prints in Portland Oregon.
So unless their Seattle branch is in Oregon, I don't think that's it.
All I wanted was an evaluation specimen for my website, not to be a distributor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
They probally sent two just to make sure at least one worked. I am guessing they are desparate for good press, or any press. Well, anyway, with two you can light up both ends ot the room.

Thanks for the review. Me still wants, me likey.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just posted, as an update, to my Laserpod page that it has been running continuously for ~60 hours (they recommend 4 hours), and that I somehow nocked it to the floor, and I have no failures or malfunctions to report in either case.