Help Choosing a Green Laser

GPS Rider

Newly Enlightened
I would appreciate comments to help me choose a green laser and dealer. I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum and have narrowed my choices down to AtlasNova and Z-Bolt.

I am interested in the differences between Z-Bolt's modded 5mw greenie (which can be had on eBay for $90 right now) and the competing product from AtlasNova (price unknown). Is one better than the other?

Or should I be looking at a higher powered unit? I just want to use it as a pointer when teaching, and for entertainment - like showing people the beam in the house and the night sky.

All advice appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

GR

liteglow

Enlightened
i did recive my green laser from Wickedlaser today (ledlight i think? )

Did buy from eBay.. it`s a 5mW laser!
and what can i say : WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWO WO WO
this poop is awsome !! if u did like RED lasers.. this is DAMN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gorn

Enlightened
GPS Rider,

If you are near Wilsonville they have a Fry's Electronics store. You can get a leadlight there for $90 and if you don't like it you can return it.

LASERforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
I have a Z-BOLT MOD-2 laser...it's working amazingly. I have pictures in the thread i started called "Beam Shots!" and i think it's great for pointing to the sky. Worked for me.

GPS Rider

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice. I went with AtlasNova, and here's why:

I sent Arnold an email and he called me back the next morning. He had to call three times to get me, and when he finally did track me down, he spent 20 minutes on the phone with me to help me decide what to buy. He didn't push his higher priced units, but recommended a stock pointer.

Now I am not saying the other places do or don't do any of this. I am just saying that I was pleased with his customer service.

I ordered two lasers from him on Saturday, and received them two days later on Monday. From Washington to Virginia in two days. Too cool.

And that green laser, well, at 8.17 mW, it's just bright as hell! Wowza! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

GR

TTaz

Newly Enlightened
I've just PM'ed Chris (WickedLasers), to get a quote.... I want to buy a "stock" pointer (~5mW... the one I'll can show to most people) and 2 in the range of 30-40 mW...
I wait for his quote (can't waiiiiiit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif lol) , and if I order, I'll tell you about delays, quality, etc....
hummm.... in fact... i'll make a review (with videos and pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

"I just want to use it as a pointer when teaching, and for entertainment" -> maybe a 5 or 10mW be enough (5mW is the maximum legal for public usage)

TTaz

Newly Enlightened
No responce from Chris, yet.... still waitin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/au.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

liteglow

Enlightened
i did by from Wicked Laser..
No delay, perfect laser and a perfect laserpenn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
looooooooooooove it !!

BVH

Flashaholic
I tried a modded 40 mW Z-Bolt when they made them. Two different units would start bright and then almost immediately fade. I also bought one of their true 5 mW units which works fine. But this was not nearly bright enough so I decided to dispense with all the other small penlight lasers and go for the granddaddy of handhelds, the Laserphaser LP-115. Absolutely, its very expensive but in this case, you definitely get what you pay for. If you really want a beam that is solid and exceptionally bright, this is it. Nothing else I have seen comes close. The construction of the device is Very first rate. It has the variable feature in the tailcap for adjusting from 30 mW to 115 mW. It has the blinder on the nose so you have to physically open it for beam to show. (You don't want to accidently look at the beam or hit someone with it. You WILL blind them) On the 115 setting, 9 seconds is the recommended maximum exposure time. Less power gets you more time. The cooling fins on the front never get hot so I wait for about 10 seconds and fire it again. This unit is not like his earlier 95 mW Cloudslicers, which were definitely "homemade". This it truly an impressive device! He seems a littl flaky to deal with but in the end, he performed as he said he would and the product is definitely first rate!!