6 nimh with KPR112 will it work? Something better?

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I use 6 nimh with the KPR112, or will it instaflash it? What should I use with 6 or 9 nimh? I have three 3AA to D on the way from Electrolumnes. Just wondering what to use with them? I don't have a alum reflector yet.

I prefer nimh for the cost to run.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 6 nimh with KPR112 will it work? Something bet

I have run the KPR112 on 6AA alkalines with no problems. I would guess you should let the nimh's sit for a bit and not use them hot off the charger. I think nimh's will have slightly less voltage than alkalines but handle amperage draw better. That being the case, I think you will be ok. The KPR112 is cheap enough, give it a try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, I use a PR20 (7 cell bulb) on 8 AA alkalines with no problems using the fivemega 8AA to 2D non-regulated adapter.

I have found both of these cells in the generic bulb carriers on the bottom shelf in the flashlight section at Ace Hardware and a Do-It-Best Hardware store for between $1.09 and $1.90.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best bulb (without potting one) for the 6 NiMH is the Reflectalite GH24. Bright and white. 6V, 1.7A 10W.

Focuses very nicely, too.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Mike and PitBull. I have now tried the KPR112 in a Mag 2C with 3 123s. Didn't seem all that bright, but it did throw for a ways.

Now I need to try the Reflectalite GH24 if I can find one.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks. $6 a piece?

Bullzeyebill posted this " put in 5 volt Carley Krypton Star 609 and it is spectacular." about his 3x123 Mag 2C light. He was comparing to the KPR112. Anyone else tried this or know more?