Alternative for ARC LS

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Considering size and brightness, which LED flashlight is the best option for an ARC LS?

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
I believe the Arc LS in 123 mode is singular with respect to its size and brightness. I can't think of anything else that size that even comes close as far as LEDs go.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Wrong question

Considering size and brightness, which LED flashlight is the best option for an ARC LS?
grin.gif

New Question

Considering size and brightness after the ARC LS, which LED flashlight could be the best option?
smile.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops. I see you already have a thread on the X5. Other than that, the reactor is the only thing comparable.

Lantern Jack O.

Enlightened
Hmmm... Problem is that a single LS LED is about as bright as 10 or more of the "normal" 5mm Nichia LEDs. Hard to squeeze a whole bunch of the 5mm's into a package the size of the Arc LS. The Arc LS is really in a class all by itself right now.

The Arc AAA and the CMG Ultra are okay as far as size goes, but those put out somewhere around 1/10th the amount of light as an Arc LS. Still, they are very useful as task lights, or even for walking around at night. The Arc AAA EV (turquoise), sometimes available at www.texastacticalsupply.com, is amazingly bright. Also the Photon III turquoise is similarly bright, but offers a much shorter runtime.

If you're willing to step up in size a bit, an LS mod'd 2AA minimag would offer similar or even better light output compared to the Arc LS. Check out the MADMAX, BADBOY, and ill-pill postings in the B/S/T channel for those little gems. I'm waiting on a MADMAX from dat2zip right now.
grin.gif

rlhess

Enlightened
I bought a Lambda Illuminator
I bought a Lambda Ill Pill
I liked them both
I finally broke down and bought an ARC LS.

It lives on my keychain along with my Arc LE (can't have too much backup) and it is becoming my most-used light. I have an E2e in my other pocket, but the LS is cheaper to run and bright enough for most things. The Arc LE isn't bright enough for some things--like looking under desks, etc.

Cheers,

Richard