The best LED related links?

remuen

Enlightened
The best LED related links?

On my new website I eventually want to have one of the best collections of LED related links. No, no, no - not the biggest but the best link collection!

I know there a hundreds of good links only here in the CPF spread in thousends of posts! You sure will understand it's impossible for me to search them all on my own
shocked.gif
So please help me! Share your best links out of your link collection with me! It's not only for me but also for you and all others! Which sites should a real flashaholic never miss?

I've already started to categorize the links I've collected on my own. These are the existing categories:

</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LED basics, information and reviews</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Electronic basics</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Manufacturers (LEDs, ICs, converters)</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LED flashlight manufacturers</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LED modifications from others
</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe I will make some more categories. But let's see ...
Thank you very much for your help
smile.gif
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, my site's a shoe-in. So is Brocks, Chris's, Dan's (Dan's Data) and both Doug's (Doug P. with The Light Site, and Doug R. with Equipped to Survive). Did I leave out an evaluator?!?
blush.gif

The list you're putting together will showcase a LOT of LED and lighting stuff from sites that would never be found on The LED Marketplace or other large link sites. And of course when you're done, I'll link your links site to the left frame on mine where everyone will see it.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you guys are obvious experts, I would like your view/advice on this: I'm just now getting into non-incandescent flashlights and am a complete rookie. I have three LED flashlights. One, the nightbuster 8x, GlowBug is happily allowing me to return as the endcap is poorly designed and easily breaks. They special ordered a Trek 7 blue LED I want to keep for many reasons but mainly because I'm fascinated with what all can be seen with it. The detailed visual effect of the white LED Night Buster 8X seems incredibly useful, either outside or for close up work.

Here,finally, is my puzzle.
I want a small, powerful white LED flashlight.

I also want a small, powerful flashlight that floresces objects.

I tend to support businesses that demonstrate good customer service like my experience with GlowBug.

I would tend to support the independent inventor of the ARC-LS but the message boards indicate some inconsistency in productions.

Basically I want the two best products that suit my needs and keep an eye on doing business with good people.

Thanks!

remuen

Enlightened
Originally posted by Icebreak:
As you guys are obvious experts, I would like your view/advice on this: ....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hi Icebreak

Welcome in the CPF! I do not hope you will get 2000 different answers on your question
grin.gif
as everyone has his own opinion about a certain flashlight. The last few weeks and months there have been various threads and posts with this topic so IMHO it will helpfull to you to look through these threads.

I also would recommand you to go to the LED Museum and then you'll find a lot of reviews. But as an EDC flashlight I also can recommand you the ARC AAA as also most other flashaholics would do ...

Btw, this thread was initially started to ask people for revealing their best LED related links and not for telling which is the best flashlight or manufacturer ...
grin.gif
grin.gif
smile.gif

remuen

Enlightened
Originally posted by Quickbeam:
Remuen, Here's a good place to start:

http://thelightsite.cruxial.com/links.htm

When I first built my website I scoured CPF for references to websites and incorporated them into my Links page. Recently I've been picking and choosing just some of the better ones to add.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Chris

First a big excuse for not yet linking your site - but now it's done. The site will be uploaded still today.

Thanks for the hint. I'll look through the links on your page to see which ones I also want to put on my link page. I think I don't want to link all the flashlight manufactures but more basic and electronic stuff ....