So many choices, so little money!

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to sound like a newbie, but I have about $20 and I'm addicted to LED lights. I already have a white Streamlight Stylus 3 and a white Photon 3. What should my next step be? I'm thinking about a Arc AAA; any thoughts would be appreciated.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Or, Streamlight has a new 3 led light out that Bright Guy is selling for around $15. There is a topic about this light a bit futher down this forum..down about 2 days.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, darell and Roy, for your knowledgeable responses. Am I wrong that almost everybody at CPF has an Arc AAA? I think my decision is made; to quote Saaby:

ARC AAA ARC AAA ARC AAA. You need one. End of story. need

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I saw that you already had two single led lights....a key chain light and a shirt pocket light. I thought a multi led light might be in order at this point in your addiction!
wink.gif

Harrkev

Enlightened
For the money that you are talking about, I would focus in either the Arc-AAA or the PT Attitude.

If you want to go a little cheaper, then either the Brinkman Long-Life-LED or the Rebel would be a good buy at around $13. They can be found at your local Wal-Mart. They have a lens which produces a narrow beam.

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
PT Attitude or an ARC AAA, but I would tend towards the Attitude first since you already have two single led lights.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Logicnerd close but it goes like this:

ARC AAA ARC AAA ARC AAA. You need one. End of story. need

That bold is critical
wink.gif

I personally don't like the Brinkmann LED lights. I mean they're nice lights alright but that lens seems to focus the LEDs cornia mostly, so I find the beam from my Brinkmann rebel annoyingly blue! If you're going for a Rebel or Longlife might as well let a Legend LX or save the moneys for a high end torch. But only after you get your Arc
smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Yes, while it is true that our new friend Logicnerd already has a couple of single LED lights, he doesn't have THE single LED light. After an Arc, he can begin to branch out into the mass market products. But really, any budding LED-o-holic should be required to have at least one Arc AAA in his quiver. I must have 15 different single-LED lights around here. But you all know what I use every single day to the exclusion of all others....

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saaby, sorry, but I was using the "conveinent" quick reply, and I am a lazy flashaholic. I agree with darell; after a few more single-LED lights, I'll be ready for the multi-LED's. Or a LS.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by logicnerd411:
Yes, that's what I meant. An LS should and is ranked with multi-LED lights, right?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OH definatly, no doubt...no way it can be classified in the same class as a single LED lgiht I was just saying...aern't (most) Luxeon lights still lights with 1 led.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by logicnerd411:
Yes.

Thank you all for your responses. I just reserved a white Arc AAA from Vicomptel.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Another one bites the dust
grin.gif
($20 I mean, not Logicnerd OR the Arc for that matter)

Ok well check these out now. SS Clip

S0185-0035_c.jpg

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually...(although perhaps it is a little too late)...

Might be nice to understand what this particular person wants to use the next light for...??

He already has one of the finest keychain lights (Photon III). Maybe another fine light but for the exact same use is not really the best choice.

Other options...

Aurora for a headlamp.
- great run time, compact & adjustable head angle
- 3 brightness levels + flashing for signaling
- works as a headlamp or just carry it in your hand

Attitude (mentioned before)...also a good choice.

CMG Ultra...RUGGED light with LONG run time and AA (common) battery
+ accepts Lithium AA for great, dependable glovebox light