Ever since I got introduced/hooked to this forum, I've been modifying practically everything I could think off to Luxeon. It first start our with simple mods such as MiniMag (with Sammies), FatMag and FlexMag. It evolved to Luxeon bike lights and now this! My first car Luxeon mod. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
At first I was thinking of using a PIAA Xtreme Super White 19223, but there's no fun in a standard dropin. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Then when I tried georges80's map light module, it didn't fit [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] So here I'm making my own with his help [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif[/img]
=== Parts List ===
- TaskLED CC1WA 700mA
- Lux3 TY0L from oo2oo
- Acrylic Rod from Tap Plastic
- Artic Alumina adhesive
- Nylon 24g wires
- 1/16" aluminum sheet
- Mag OAD lamp housing for parts
=== Assembly Process ===
1. Cut the acrylic rod to a T-6 size + some
2. Dremel the ends so the nylon wire would fit
3. Capped it of with a recycled Mag lamp housing part. Test fit is recommended here.
4. Use some paper to create a mask of the heat sink then fabricate it.
5. Connect all the wirings, epoxy the LuxIII star to the aluminum heat sink and voila!
=== Installation ===
1. Use Flat head screw driver to remove the cover.
2. Install the acrylic rod to the bulb housing. Make sure the positive end is pointed toward the back of the car.
3. Install the CC5WA driver to the side of the rod.
4. Gently push the heat sink with LuxIII into place.
5. Re-attach the cover and you're done!
=== Beam Shots ===