ArmyTek        

Thread: how to print protected acrobat files?

Default how to print protected acrobat files?

I've been emailed a couple of adobe acrobat files from an socio-economics journal or somesuch from south-east asia (faculty advisor wants me to write a paper about them). however, the "print" function is disabled within acrobat reader (6.0.2 on WinXP); apparently, there's a security feature that allows authors to control if comments or printing are allowed. right-click and print within WinExlporer is also disabled, as is "export to text". what am I gonna do?

i'm not poaching anything, just lots easier to have a hardcopy I can scribble on instead of wading thru pages and pages of screens on a computer.

any way I can print a copy? thanks.

Default Re: how to print protected acrobat files?

try the printscreen function key and paste the picture into a picture editing program and print the picture from there.
    That may work.... if it does then adobe just goofed on their *security*.

print screen? for 30 odd pages? wow, no better way around it?

only way I know of right now. I would suggest you email the person that created the pdf file perhaps he has a reason he doesn't want it outright copied by the general public but may make an exception if you explain your reason why you require it.
    There may be an *illegal* piece of software that can defeat the security lock, I personally don't know of another legal solution.

You might be able to use ghostscript to print it. There is a version available for Windows systems as well as Unix.

Daniel

here's GScript 8.14

<font color="red">Warning: The above link is not a link to a website. It's an ftp to an 'exe' file. Consider the security settings of your browser, and how it handles file downloads before clicking on the link. - Empath </font>